ABDI

His positional play is top notch particularly when we're in possession. You can see how he will make the game tick and I'd love to see him get a run of games, although I'm not sure if a straight swap with Bannan is quite right - either formation wise for Abdi or because we might miss Bannan's energy. Totally happy to give it an extended try though.

12 hours ago, Minton said:

Some people need to calm down a bit. Last week Abdi was a total waste of money, now after playing 15 minutes as a sub some are heralding him as the bloody messiah. 

He's a good player, but what has changed in those 15 minutes? Can we just for once, set the flounce meter to a nice easy 0, rather than +10 or -10

Totally agree, he came on for 15 minutes and was steady against a tired birmingham side.... lets not pretend he played like iniesta!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
12 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Think Carlos will play the same starting XI on Tuesday- fitness permitting. If Lees is fit I'm sure he'll come back in though.

the extra day's rest plus the fact we've had no travelling will probably convince him he doesn't need to rotate.

If this was an away game I'd expect to see Reach in for Fessi, but as it's another very winnable home game I'll think he'll lean towards the greater attacking threat that FF offers. 

It will be the same side I think. Then a few changes for Forest,probably in the full back areas and possibly up top.  Rotation will start against Brentford a week Tuesday.

4 hours ago, Sonny said:

His positional play is top notch particularly when we're in possession. You can see how he will make the game tick and I'd love to see him get a run of games, although I'm not sure if a straight swap with Bannan is quite right - either formation wise for Abdi or because we might miss Bannan's energy. Totally happy to give it an extended try though.

Needs to start a game sooner or later just to make him feel wanted, hes a very talented and clever player just whats needed in this vital final third of the season

He knows he's wanted and he's not going anywhere for now ffs.

He's been injured and been unlucky not to have a run of games to settle in but he's still plenty of time to play his part this season.

Sick of people rambling on about him being a waste of money etc

He didn't even cost much if his pedigree at this level is anythng to go by and he's not yet made enough of an impression here to be "missed".

I'm confident he'll deliver when called upon and we'll see another imaginary stick used to hit CC with disappear.

On 10/02/2017 at 22:34, BathgateBob said:

When you think and look we have one of the best squads. I

I know you don't win owt with names on paper but if you look.

Defence takes care of itself.

Midfield:

Hutch

Abdi 

Bannan

Lee

Reach

Wallace

Mcmanaman

Forestieri

Winnall

Rhodes

Hooper

Fletcher

Plenty of experience and goals.

Only McMannaman on lot out that lot too! The rest are ours.

13 hours ago, chizumgeorge said:

Thats right give two players a rest who work so hard for the team, one was man of the match 2 games ago and the other has scored 3 on 5 and was excellent on friday! 

I wasn't suggesting they should be dropped, sold or murdered, just give them a rest. Especially BB who is playing with an injury. Last thing we want is for him to miss the rest of the season like Lee. I'd much rather see McM start than Wallace.