ABDI

4 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

Give him a start over Bannan. 

More and more, Bannan has become less effective. Abdi showed his worth last night....Time to step up.

Do what? Bannan last night played great getting forward through the middle and supporting midfield/attack. Just like last season

3 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Do what? Bannan last night played great getting forward through the middle and supporting midfield/attack. Just like last season

Bannan also went missing for large chunks of the game. Watched him carefully last night, at times he was like a man down in the middle, has no presence when we start to lose control of the midfield.

Id definitely give Abdi a start on Tuesday. 

13 minutes ago, Think tank said:

Bannan also went missing for large chunks of the game. Watched him carefully last night, at times he was like a man down in the middle, has no presence when we start to lose control of the midfield.

Agreed, Bannan needs a rest and Abdi needs to start.

Goes quite for long periods. I'd rather he maintained his work rate throughout the game.

Making a 40 yard insane crowd pleasing  sprint, doesn't make up for periods of going missing.

9 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Thought he looked nice and measured when he came on. 

I don't see why we have to belittle the efforts of Bannan in saying that though, Seeing as for the most part of the game himself and Hutchinson were outnumbered in the centre of midfield  3-2 by Gardener, Gleeson and Kieftenbeld with Davis tucked in for good measure. 

Spot on.  carlos should have seen this earlier and sacrificed a striker and brought abdi to help hutch and bannan in the middle. Either that or pushed full backs right on allowed hutch to slip into a back  three pushing wallace and reach more inside. 

Playing fessiI in behind the font two gives him freedom to express himself in a five man midfield,this is the best way forward.

in a 3 5 2 setup we can accommodate our best players in positions that suit them,no more square pegs in round holes.

will give us 3 in the middle which we desperately need,bannon and hutch as a 2 in the middle do not dictate the game enough for me.

i would play Reach as left wing back as his all round game is better suited to this role, the problem we have is we don't have a right wing back, the full backs in palmer & hunt are not good enough,either in attack or defence.

1 hour ago, Think tank said:

I thought Bannan played quite well last night, but I agree he lacks presence in there. Tbf to him we played 2 out and out strikers last night so he didn't get the support that he usually gets from Forestieri dropping back in and pinching the ball. 

6 hours ago, kingsidney said:

Why would you get rid of the wide players, we put some decent crosses in today for the first time in a long time and secured our biggest win of the year. 

You're right we not going to, but this is the only way I can see Abdi in the team unless Carlos decides Bannan needs a rest.

No need for the Bannan bashing. Played well last night. We did get outnumbered in the middle at times. Their diamond with the full backs getting forward meant they had 5 or 6 in midfield and it showed. They had the extra option to pass to. Not Bannan's fault.

As for Abdi. He did look good, granted he came on when the Birmingham players had had the wind taken out their sales with the 2nd goal.

I though last night was the start of something. The 2 up front looked so strong. Then the subs that came on.

Not saying out with the old in with the new, as its additional quality as opposed to replacements, but it did feel like a real step up in quality.

Just hope Abdi stays fit and part of the squad for the rest of the season now.

Would also like to see more of the side we finished with (with Lees in for Sasso).