ABDI

Yes,was saying he should come on for Bannan 5-10 minutes before he did.. i hope it wasn'tthe knock on the knee that made Bannan poor today but midfield struggled until Reach and Abdi were put on. Abdi makes some really clever passes and is really in control; want to see him start a game soon and show his worth!

Just now, northernerowl said:

Yes,was saying he should come on for Bannan 5-10 minutes before he did.. i hope it wasn'tthe knock on the knee that made Bannan poor today but midfield struggled until Reach and Abdi were put on. Abdi makes some really clever passes and is really in control; want to see him start a game soon and show his worth!

He is the epitome of a playmaker.

Makes intelligent passes and understands what is happening and how to manage the possession intelligently.

He's quite silky. I really think we could play him and McManaman into the team and they'd do well. But... maybe sometimes we have to grind the win out first before we can let them play I don't know. I just don't know anymore... Carlos seems to play mainly to combat the opposition and that means it changes on a weekly basis. I just hope whoever is in the team or comes on as a sub contributes to the game plan and does their best. Abdi finding some form could be a big thing for us though coming to the end of the season. 

Thought Hutchinson was sat too deep and Bannan was getting far too easily out-muscled.

It's not that Abdi is the sort to throw his weight about but I think he's got more presence than Bannan for games like tonight.

I would like to see Abdi start though anyway as it's about time we start to see what he can offer.

...we now have the players around him for him to take up his position in the middle of the pitch. That said, CC will play the ones he thinks are more capable of dealing with the opposites. Seeing Abdi looking composed and comfortable was a good measure of the platers we now have though. Kind of upped my 'whelmedness' level tonight seeing him perform.

When you think and look we have one of the best squads. I

I know you don't win owt with names on paper but if you look.

Defence takes care of itself.

Midfield:

Hutch

Abdi 

Bannan

Lee

Reach

Wallace

Mcmanaman

Forestieri

Winnall

Rhodes

Hooper

Fletcher

Plenty of experience and goals.

2 minutes ago, BathgateBob said:

When you think and look we have one of the best squads. I

I know you don't win owt with names on paper but if you look.

Defence takes care of itself.

Midfield:

Hutch

Abdi 

Bannan

Lee

Reach

Wallace

Mcmanaman

Forestieri

Winnall

Rhodes

Hooper

Fletcher

Nuhiu

Plenty of experience and goals.

:manager:

Edited by Freshfish

Thought he looked nice and measured when he came on. 

I don't see why we have to belittle the efforts of Bannan in saying that though, Seeing as for the most part of the game himself and Hutchinson were outnumbered in the centre of midfield  3-2 by Gardener, Gleeson and Kieftenbeld with Davis tucked in for good measure.