ABDI

I'd love to see him start in the centre v Blackburn alongside Hutch. Bannan is brilliant when attacking but lacks the physical side of things when playing centrally! I'd play bannan wide Tuesday instead of Nando. Abdi was adored at Watford and with Lee injured Abdi surely can fill the void it has left. 

1 minute ago, 1993swfc said:

I'd love to see him start in the centre v Blackburn alongside Hutch. Bannan is brilliant when attacking but lacks the physical side of things when playing centrally! I'd play bannan wide Tuesday instead of Nando. Abdi was adored at Watford and with Lee injured Abdi surely can fill the void it has left. 

I'd love us to start with Abdi in centre midfield IF, big if, Carlos thinks he's now ready to do a better job than Bannan. In that event then Bannan would be taking a stint on the bench for me. Got to give Reach a run on the left to see if last night's cameo was the real deal. If it is then left midfield is surely his..

defo starter for me ,at least give him 60 mins. could do with a few goals to give our goal difference a boost be like an extra point and might come down to it by end of season I think it might need 80pts this season for playoffs ,all teams keep winning ,not impossible that brighton might get caught

1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I think we'll see Abdi and Reach both start against Blackburn 

Hope so with Abdi,  I'm not sure about Reach, can we afford to leave FF on the bench?

Reach needs to play like he did when he came on to keep his place if he does start.

Wallace might drop out for Reach, not because he deserves to, but because Carlos might think he needs a break. 

4 minutes ago, Think tank said:

Hope so with Abdi,  I'm not sure about Reach, can we afford to leave FF on the bench?

Reach needs to play like he did when he came on to keep his place if he does start.

Wallace might drop out for Reach, not because he deserves to, but because Carlos might think he needs a break. 

Carlos generally makes a few changes for midweek games. I wouldn't be surprised to see FF given a rest, or back up front with Winnall making way.

I suspect Carlos was fully aware what would happen in midfield last night but decided to try and impose our more attacking game on them.

This made it hard for our midfield, especially Bannan.

They won the midfield, we won the game.

We struggled with their formation, when Wallace went inside to help , Hunt found himself outnumbered. 

We made their left back look like Roberto Carlos.

We don't have a perfect partner for Hutch when we play a more normal 442 like last night so if Abdi is fit to start a game , give Bannan a rest.

15 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Thought he looked nice and measured when he came on. 

I don't see why we have to belittle the efforts of Bannan in saying that though, Seeing as for the most part of the game himself and Hutchinson were outnumbered in the centre of midfield  3-2 by Gardener, Gleeson and Kieftenbeld with Davis tucked in for good measure. 

Spot on 

Gleeson and Gardiner for them in particular are both very good players and played really well, they played narrow with the 2 others so we were constantly outmanned in the middle 

7 hours ago, Think tank said:

Bannan also went missing for large chunks of the game. Watched him carefully last night, at times he was like a man down in the middle, has no presence when we start to lose control of the midfield.

Id definitely give Abdi a start on Tuesday. 

Good observation and possibly why we struggle in the middle.

He doesn't stamp his authority on games consistently - it's probably the reason why he struggled at a higher level.

He is great in patches but we need more consistent quality and visibility 

I still think if Abdi if given time and the right support he will come good and provide a more consistent platform for us to progress.

It's a hard one as Bannan has bought a lot but the more I see him the less I am convinced he is the right person to move us to the next level whereas Abdi, given the chance just might be.

Bottom line he has done it at the highest level whereas Bannan never really has.

But Bannan is a CC favourite which complicates this but CC needs to do what is best for the team and if a change is needed as we approach the crunch time then so be it - just may make all the difference.

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

That was a nice little cameo. 

He doesn't give the ball away does he. 

Very calm and composed. 

Be fantastic if he could make a telling contribution in the latter stages of the season. 

A bit like Lopez, who was incredibly important this time last season.

Quality player. Bannan needs a rest. Both him and FF have had a great deal of expectation on their shoulders. Even more so with Lee out injured. I'm just typing this with a massive grin on my face because we have him...fresh and looking fit, to come in and allow others players a break. 

This is a very tough league, we all understand that, so how bloody good is it to see a squad we have and we are considering a decent replacement for Bannan until he recovers properly. Oh my.... 'whelmedometer is starting to push the mercury up higher lol 

I don't think bannan deserves to be dropped his form seems to be coming back again and it nice to see that abdi coming back into the loop we can actually rest bannan 

Nando didn't have the best of games to his standards or should I say he did it have as much of an impact.

I thought the quality we brought on to the pitch towards the end finished brum on remember we have a big pitch at hillsbrough.

i also think we should be using our squad now and keeping it fresh so yes Abdi to start at home against a struggling Blackburn we could easily give him sixty minutes

i wouldn't be surprised if he started and Carlos puts bannan left you know how he likes his wide men to drift in and create the spaces for the fullbacks to create the width 

I said in a thread a few weeks ago and I'll stand by it I Abdi will be a key player for his the back end of the season and really start to show his quality

Wawaw 

Abdi will force his way into the 11 for sure, he's got the quality there's no doubt whatsoever about that ... fitness I'm not sure where he's at but I think once he's upto speed we need to give him that run because we was lacking in the midfield last night, making the wrong decisions and Bannan running around aimlessly I thought at times

doesn't help when your missing such a talented player in Lee , for me the first name on the team sheet when fit and possibly one of the best players in the league, Bannan has his strengths but I think Abdi could compliment Hutch better while Lee is out