Is it the back 4?

The reason for Carlos's negativity? Does he think and maybe rightly so if our back 4 are exposed too much we'll leak goals! Got to admit when you look at our midfield and forward line it's one of the best in the league but our full backs can be weak and Loovens is coming to the end of his career. Maybe this explains it??

1 minute ago, Guvner said:

Terrible back 4 last night. Against any other team in the division and we'd have shipped a few last night. We need to sign a right back fast 

Wasn't pretty but come on. Had to make a number of changes, and still kept a clean sheet. We won't be signing a right back until next year. 

Loovens is the guy who holds everything together 

Tom Lees is a better player when Loovens is at his side

Many people, myself included, still think we need another centre half, I'd love us to bring Harry Maguire home.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 minutes ago, s110wl said:

Wasn't pretty but come on. Had to make a number of changes, and still kept a clean sheet. We won't be signing a right back until next year. 

It frustrates me becase right back has been a week link for 2 seasons and hasn't been adressed. That performance from Jack Hunt is one of the worst performances I've seen. If we get it right at the back it will breath confidence throughout the rest of the team 

6 minutes ago, Guvner said:

It frustrates me becase right back has been a week link for 2 seasons and hasn't been adressed. That performance from Jack Hunt is one of the worst performances I've seen. If we get it right at the back it will breath confidence throughout the rest of the team 

Agree he didn't have a good game to be fair, but my point stands. Doubt we will see a new right back before the summer. 

5 minutes ago, modboy said:

A better team than wigan would have taken at least one of those chances last night. 

A better team than us would have destroyed wigan last night 

And a worse team than us could quite easily have lost or only managed to get a point. Surely, seeing as you just posted what you did, you can see that?

Exactly the sort of game we didn't win away from home last year.

4 minutes ago, modboy said:

A better team than wigan would have taken at least one of those chances last night. 

A better team than us would have destroyed wigan last night 

It isn't as simple as that, is it?..

A better team than wigan would've been more open.

Wigan would have set up differently against another team...

Our centre halfs are among the best in the division. Aside from Brighton, I'd  say the best.

Our full backs aren't  half as bad as our tactics make them look. We basically  pass pass pass until they get closed down and screw up.

Any full back would look pants playing like this.

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

Our centre halfs are among the best in the division. Aside from Brighton, I'd  say the best.

Our full backs aren't  half as bad as our tactics make them look. We basically  pass pass pass until they get closed down and screw up.

Any full back would look pants playing like this.

Hunt is awful though. Not sure of his plus points .

Only Loovens is good enough out of that back 4 last night.

Pudil looks a shadow of the player he was and constantly gives the ball away. 

Hunt seems to be lacking confidence and just can't seem to be able to control a football or play a 20 yard pass.

Sasso was obviously off the pace and isn't a worthy understudy to Lees.

But, hopefully Fox and Lees will be back soon and Palmer is more solid than Hunt.

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

Hunt is awful though. Not sure of his plus points .

If he was suited to pass pass pass, he'd  be a midfielder. The same with Pudil.

Our tactics are full back career destroying. Palmer suffers the same and eventually gives the ball away. Too many passes in our own half allows the opposition to get set defensively, close us down and forces mistakes.

20 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Loovens is the guy who holds everything together 

Tom Lees is a better player when Loovens is at his side

Many people, myself included, still think we need another centre half, I'd love us to bring Harry Maguire home.

Maguire would fit in perfect, cant see hull letting him go though, have transfers finished for this season?

Guest BULGARIA
12 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

The best game I've seen Jack Hunt play was his debut.

:duntmatter:

Me too, i remember him actually taking on 2 defenders and crossing it in!!    thought we had another zico on our books.... Aint see him do it since.