Just had a quick look on their forum and it seems Dale Stephens, Dunk and Bong are all back this friday.

Stephens had been out with illness but many of them are sceptical and think he is off to Burnley. This has been debunked by his brother who apparently confirmed it was just illness.

Also seems that he is out of contract in summer so in the unlikely possibility that we get up and they don't, he would be a very decent aquisition on a free. 

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Just had a quick look on their forum and it seems Dale Stephens, Dunk and Bong are all back this friday.

Stephens had been out with illness but many of them are sceptical and think he is off to Burnley. This has been debunked by his brother who apparently confirmed it was just illness.

Also seems that he is out of contract in summer so in the unlikely possibility that we get up and they don't, he would be a very decent aquisition on a free. 

Be nice from our point of view if there's a little unrest as well as fitness issues ahead of playing them.

On 1/16/2017 at 14:21, Holmowl said:

Fletch has been a warrior workhorse all season. Cant for one minute think Carlos will not start with him. 

I assume he will start with FF partnering him. Winnall on the bench, and Hooper not yet ready.

Personally, I would prefer Fletch and Winnall with FF left, but can't see Brighton away being the game Carlos will do so.

Hooper must have passed a fitness test to have been allowed to play  in the U23 game last Friday.

He played nearly  a full  hour, scoring a brace.

He must (injury wise at least) be up for selection, unless he's had an injury set back.

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

Hooper must have passed a fitness test to have been allowed to play  in the U23 game last Friday.

He played nearly  a full  hour, scoring a brace.

He must (injury wise at least) be up for selection, unless he's had an injury set back.

Agreed. He also missed the U23 game yesterday, which I'm sure he'd have been part of had he not been in contention for a place in the squad on Friday.

Having Winnall and Hooper on the bench, nice problem to have!

8 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Agreed. He also missed the U23 game yesterday, which I'm sure he'd have been part of had he not been in contention for a place in the squad on Friday.

Having Winnall and Hooper on the bench, nice problem to have!

Yep it is, with all strikers seemingly available for selection, it will be interesting to see which way Carlos goes.

On Tue Jan 17 2017 at 09:32, gazzamk2 said:

I've got a feeling the new boys in our ranks will have a big influence on this game.

If we can keep it to 0-0 going into the 2nd half the appearance of a hungry Winnall and McManaman  will have a massive affect on the game, sucking defenders away from Nando and Fletch giving them the extra space to create some brilliance.

Hence a 0-2 win for the Owls. Easy int it! :ph34r:

Sounds good to me, but let's hope we don't have the usual over reaction from the usual suspects if we lose away to the top of the league.

brighton are a good outfit again this season and i'd prefer them to win the league rather than newcastle and their parachutes. however i still dont like them and they deserve a battering from us due to the pure arrogance and cheating they brought in the play offs.

anything from this game is a good result ill go for 1-1.

McManaman likely to be out with illness, Hooper was injured in the under 23 game last week - so at the very best he will make the bench.

Type of game where a bit of pace would be handy, but with Maca likely out, along with Buckley - that leaves us with no pace out wide.

With Hooper an unlikely starter, and Joao out of favour - there is very little pace in our squad at all.

On 1/17/2017 at 13:13, full fathom five said:

Be nice from our point of view if there's a little unrest as well as fitness issues ahead of playing them.

Stephens still has not withdrawn the transfer request handed in on deadline day August 31 when Burnley had a £7 million bid rejected....apparently the Clarets have promised Stephens a "huge" signing-on bonus if he is a free agent in the summer provided they stay up of course. He is from Oldham and wants to return to north west apparently.