12 minutes ago, Lee A said:

McManaman has an extra yard which might be useful later on in the game

Newcastle away was the sort of game where Wallace plays a big role for me though, he made good use of the ball, rarely wasted it and was dropping inside both to cover and keep things tight when we didn't have the ball, and to pull the strings when we did, played really well there and I'd start him on Friday.

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Pudil - although he worries me against pace, wouldn't like him left 1 on 1 with Knockaert too often.

Hutch

Wallace

Bannan

Reach

Forestieri

Winnall

This would be the team I would play and also the team I think Carlos will play with only the Winnall/Fletcher position a maybe.

3 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

This would be the team I would play and also the team I think Carlos will play with only the Winnall/Fletcher position a maybe.

Fox may come in at left back, probably depends how he goes in training this week

Tough game but id love nothing more than turn these $hithouses over on their own patch. They are a club i really cant stand, new stadium and all these supporters turned up from thin air. And that Knockhaert granted is talented but he wants taking out of the game with a Hutchinson special,purely because of his celebration at Hillsborough...

My god i sound like something off Blades Mad lol

Edited by Coyt

Fletch has been a warrior workhorse all season. Cant for one minute think Carlos will not start with him. 

I assume he will start with FF partnering him. Winnall on the bench, and Hooper not yet ready.

Personally, I would prefer Fletch and Winnall with FF left, but can't see Brighton away being the game Carlos will do so.

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Fletch has been a warrior workhorse all season. Cant for one minute think Carlos will not start with him. 

I assume he will start with FF partnering him. Winnall on the bench, and Hooper not yet ready.

Personally, I would prefer Fletch and Winnall with FF left, but can't see Brighton away being the game Carlos will do so.

I think most of us would like to see two up front with FF wide left but I seriously doubt that this is the game that Carlos will play such an attacking team.

It will be a case of keeping it tight and then trying to pick them off like the Huddersfield and Newcastle away games.

Being bored I've just marked the players out of 10 and got the below outcome. 

I'm sure many will disagree with these marks, but I make it that it's going to be close! Adding McManaman and Winnall would probably improve our rating too

GK
Stockdale  8 / Westwood 9 
= 8 / 9 

Defence 
Bruno  8   /       Palmer  6
Dunk    9  /       Lees 8 
Duffy  7 /       Loovens 7
Adekugbe 5 /   Pudil 6 
=  30  /  27

Knockaert 9  /   Wallace 7
Norwood  7  /   Bannan 7 
Stevens 8   /     Hutchinson 9 
Skalak 7  /        Reach 6
=  31  /  29

Murray  8  /      Forestieri  9
Baldock 7  /       Fletcher  7
=  15   /   16 

Total =  84  /  81

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Being bored I've just marked the players out of 10 and got the below outcome. 

I'm sure many will disagree with these marks, but I make it that it's going to be close! Adding McManaman and Winnall would probably improve our rating too

GK
Stockdale  8 / Westwood 9 
= 8 / 9 

Defence 
Bruno  8   /       Palmer  6
Dunk    9  /       Lees 8 
Duffy  7 /       Loovens 7
Adekugbe 5 /   Pudil 6 
=  30  /  27

Knockaert 9  /   Wallace 7
Norwood  7  /   Bannan 7 
Stevens 8   /     Hutchinson 9 
Skalak 7  /        Reach 6
=  31  /  29

Murray  8  /      Forestieri  9
Baldock 7  /       Fletcher  7
=  15   /   16 

Total =  84  /  81

Would make for a really interesting thread each game, though it's really hard to give a fair judgement on oppos players as we only see a few minutes or even just the goals of each match.

Are you old enough to remember the ITV "Who will win the cup?" preview around 10pm on the eve of the FA cup each year? Experts marked each player out of 10 for such things as pace, goal-scoring ability. These were then added up so that (say) West Ham 151 v Fulham 147 would mean West Ham would win.

Utter tosh but very enjoyable tosh.

On your markings....

Loovens has to be an 8 (and as a pairing he and Lees have to be a 9. Their record is nothing short of camel's arse)

And to inject a bit of controversy.....as a striker you would choose a Murray over FF every time. I stress, as a striker, not as a player.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Would make for a really interesting thread each game, though it's really hard to give a fair judgement on oppos players as we only see a few minutes or even just the goals of each match.

Are you old enough to remember the ITV "Who will win the cup?" preview around 10pm on the eve of the FA cup each year? Experts marked each player out of 10 for such things as pace, goal-scoring ability. These were then added up so that (say) West Ham 151 v Fulham 147 would mean West Ham would win.

Utter tosh but very enjoyable tosh.

On your markings....

Loovens has to be an 8 (and as a pairing he and Lees have to be a 9. Their record is nothing short of camel's arse)

And to inject a bit of controversy.....as a striker you would choose a Murray over FF every time. I stress, as a striker, not as a player.

Yep it's completely subjective so a bit pointless but it gave me something to do! 

I agree about Loovens I had him down as an 8 initially, not really sure why I changed that one.  

And you're right that Murray is a better striker and maybe should be a 9 like FF.

Incidentally I think Mcmanaman will be an 8 when up to speed and I rate Winnall above Baldock (as he's scored more goals this season)

What I have found interesting doing the above is that it's about 50/50 in terms of what players we'd want from them and what players they'd want from us.

I think we would happily take Bruno, Dunk, Stevens, Knockaert and Murray from them. 

and they would take Westwood, Lees, Pudil (as Bong is away), Hutchinson and Forestieri. 

But i also think McManaman and Winnall are better than Skalak and Baldock. 

So its a lot more even than I thought 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

Tough game. Could be a defining moment in our season in terms of playoffs, or automatic. 

I keep thinking that but we probably will win, then believe we can catch 2nd then have 2 or 3 mediocre results that keep us marooned in 6th place