Please change SWFC's stadium name, DC

30 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Rename the stadium and get paid. 

Pass them dolla bills to us, the customers with cheaper tickets. 

I've heard worse ideas. 

If we sold it for 400K for the season we could have the old ticket prices.

That and the fact we have to accept that 'hillsborough stadium' is not good for us at all.

2 hours ago, Cosmo said:
1 hour ago, Cersei said:

That and the fact we have to accept that 'hillsborough stadium' is not good for us at all.

If we got £400k for re naming the stadium I bet a pound to a penny the club wouldn't use the money to lower ticket prices.

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

If we got £400k for re naming the stadium I bet a pound to a penny the club wouldn't use the money to lower ticket prices.

Ah yeah of course mate. Just wanted to point it out. I've not had much chance to get how I feel about ticket prices off my chest.

The name of the stadium won't take away the special feeling I have when I go to a game or the memories I have of past games. If it brings in money to enable evolution of the club and progress on the pitch, then I am happy.

i don't think ticket prices will be subsidised, but I do think investment will be made in the squad and some cosmetic work would be done to the ground in order to support the branding the sponsor is paying for, which is a good thing and long overdue.

Most commonly hear 'Sheffield Wednesday's ground' outside of Sheffield rather than saying Hillsborough.

Knew a few Arsenal fans going up to the cup game and not one said Hillsborough, just said going up to Wednesday's ground as if you can't say it lol.

I've even said to non football people outside Sheffield that i'm going to Hillsborough at the weekend and get a shocked worried look as if to say are you sure it's safe/ i wouldn't etc

It's not going away anytime soon but not a fan of stadium naming rights really , although eventually we'll have to move with the times probably.

11 minutes ago, Cersei said:

Yeah I wondered that.

Yep. 

I mean...whether we like it or not, the disaster is always going to be brought up at some point. 

Would a company want all the potential aggro and negative press that could well follow?

TBH I'm not sure how the families of the 96 would react if a sponsors name was suddenly slapped on the ground. Not saying that would/should come into our consideration (if we were really considering going down an avenue), but it is worth a thought. 

I'd be against it (as I've made clear earlier). 

In all likelihood I think a move to a new ground is far more likely than a re-branding of Hillsborough. 

19 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yep. 

I mean...whether we like it or not, the disaster is always going to be brought up at some point. 

Would a company want all the potential aggro and negative press that could well follow?

TBH I'm not sure how the families of the 96 would react if a sponsors name was suddenly slapped on the ground. Not saying that would/should come into our consideration (if we were really considering going down an avenue), but it is worth a thought. 

I'd be against it (as I've made clear earlier). 

In all likelihood I think a move to a new ground is far more likely than a re-branding of Hillsborough. 

You can see it now can't you;

'Controversial move by Sheffield Wednesday to change the name of the disaster stadium'

Think I should have made the thread, 'why hasn't it been done?' in hindsight.

3 minutes ago, Cersei said:

You can see it now can't you;

'Controversial move by Sheffield Wednesday to change the name of the disaster stadium'

Think I should have made the thread, 'why hasn't it been done?' in hindsight.

Yep. 

You could see the press going to town on it. 

"Can't believe they are trying to rename (for profit) the ground where 96 people died."

Would certainly keep the PR person busy. 

22 hours ago, Cersei said:

Google Hillsborough and tell me I'm wrong.

But that's why you should Google Hillsborough Stadium if thats what you are actualy looking for.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Cersei&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=7jwvWIejBM6N8Qexy5bQCg

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Cersei&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=9zwvWP38PM6N8Qexy5bQCg#q=Cersei+owlstalk

4 hours ago, Cersei said:

If we sold it for 400k it's more in the pot for the club. Don't for one minute it's to reduce tickets prices..... Maybe you want the owl nickname to be the cuckoos? 

cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo