Please change SWFC's stadium name, DC

2 hours ago, Cersei said:

Why oh why has nobody just changed the name of our stadium?

We have such a clear reason to do it.

Yes we should demolish the lep, but it's been 26 years and nobody has.

Make some money but more importantly let the name go and get rid of some of the taint of the disaster finally.

Chansiri stadium if you like mate. Or sell off the naming rights.

You'll have to find thefucker first a change of name will only confuse you

It started a while ago, some people from Manchester I know were saying that when they hear Hillsborough they only think of the disaster.

Then I discussed with Scottish people, some from the north east. All over the last 6 months.

I feel like it's all we are known for. In Sheffield I feel like I was in a bubble where our last results and the pigs were what we discussed.

It's genuinely been bothering me this year. I'd prefer a new ground, then smashing the lep up and building a new stand, I'll take a name change for now.

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Oh I'll f00king start. 

If you were being serious about the issue you'd open up with something a bit more tactful. 

We all know what happened and the idea that slapping a different name on the stadium will change that is complete nonsense. 

I just don't get why so many other stadiums have changed name and not ours. It's bonkers.

Just now, Cersei said:

I just don't get why so many other stadiums have changed name and not ours. It's bonkers.

It's not though, is it. 

As far as I'm aware the ground has always been called Hillsborough.

The grounds that have changed name are usually the ones built in the last few decades. 

Only exception I can think to that is when St James was called @Sports Direct for a period. 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

So based upon your experience of speaking to someone from Manchester and Scotland you've decided that the ground should be knocked down...but YOU will be ok with a name change for the time being. 

And if it doesn't happen he'll withdraw his suppor...oh...wait...

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

So based upon your experience of speaking to someone from Manchester and Scotland you've decided that the ground should be knocked down...but YOU will be ok with a name change for the time being. 

And Sunderland and Leeds and Dubai and the emirates and India, and Wales.

Look, a name change is instant.

I've given my opinion and I've explained why. 

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

The names already been changed once so, if DC decides we have to re-name,  why not revert back (Owlerton , Sham, to just to help you).

Relevant, historical and geographically - correct. 

And for next year's shirt change, as the man hates stripes, what about first kit, ie blue and white hoops?