Fernando

2 minutes ago, PopePiusX said:

I didn't go on Tuesday so I can't comment - and also I wasn't really talking about you. If he displayed a lack of effort then this is more troublesome, but I didn't get that impression from any of the games I've seen.

Oh sorry, wasn't implying you did pal. Was just merely saying...

Its all about opinions though. What I might look at and think lazy, someone else might think they're working their nuts off. In terms of ability, he's the best player we have and the best player we've had for a long time. It saddens me that he seems to be on the decline at the moment. 

I also think he's put the manager in between a rock and hard place. You can tell Carols is different with him. He would hardly ever leave him out last season but this season he seems more willing too. He also was very keen to say in his interview that Fernando didnt feature against Norwich when talking about strike partnerships. 

I just still think there's a lot of tension on the surface about what he did. 

Fessi revels on being the main man and the fans favorite, hence his best season last term. He's no longer the main man and whether ppl agree or not, he's pushed himself down the fans favorite list with his tantrum. He's gone back to the player he was at Watford. That's my theory anyway 

2 minutes ago, Gnarwolf said:

We still look far better with him on the pitch than off it, and he's still getting in all the right positions, he's just on a bad run of form and he still looks like one of our best players regardless of whether he's matching last seasons form, the desire for him to do bad from some fans, just so they can take the high ground is astounding, he apologised for what he did and moved on, I think you lot should do the same and stop reading in to every little thing he does

I don't think anyone wants him to do badly, after what happened his commitment was always going to be continually questioned.

2 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

I don't think anyone wants him to do badly, after what happened his commitment was always going to be continually questioned.

Apart from a dip in form, which happens in football, what other things has he done to suggest he's not committed though? This is a genuine questions by the way because I may have missed something but I can't think of anything?

10 minutes ago, Gnarwolf said:

We still look far better with him on the pitch than off it, and he's still getting in all the right positions, he's just on a bad run of form and he still looks like one of our best players regardless of whether he's matching last seasons form, the desire for him to do bad from some fans, just so they can take the high ground is astounding, he apologised for what he did and moved on, I think you lot should do the same and stop reading in to every little thing he does

Sounds like you already occupy the highground to me...

23 minutes ago, ramone said:

You struggle with the concept of a forum dont you... Really struggle. 

It was a good pass I'll give you that. But when i've seen him play recently he's been no where near the player we know he can be. Would you say that assessment is fair? 

Also, why do you have to always bring Nuhiu into a thread, its so boring. Haven't you got some playdough or an action man you can entertain yourself with rather than trying to speak with grown ups? 

You're a grown up????

2 minutes ago, Gnarwolf said:

Apart from a dip in form, which happens in football, what other things has he done to suggest he's not committed though? This is a genuine questions by the way because I may have missed something but I can't think of anything?

I think the fact he refused to play brings his commitment into doubt

Just now, Gnarwolf said:

Subtle differences tbh. last season when he got the ball in their half he'd run at them and really give them something to think about, this season he seems happy to just lay a simple ball off or do that shielding thing he does alot at the moment, he looks like he's lost his adventure for me. maybe its Carlos telling him to play this way but I don't think so.

Some are massively overstating this "dip in form". He may not be at his explosive best, but he's still having a positive impact on our games. He's contributing much more than certain others at the moment.

Last 3 home games

Wigan - scored the winner

Bristol C - 2 assists

Forest - as good as an assist with the brilliant ball to Fletcher for Lee's goal.

3 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

Subtle differences tbh. last season when he got the ball in their half he'd run at them and really give them something to think about, this season he seems happy to just lay a simple ball off or do that shielding thing he does alot at the moment, he looks like he's lost his adventure for me. maybe its Carlos telling him to play this way but I don't think so.

I Just think that's simply because he's not the main man anymore, we're better with him, but we're not reliant on him anymore

5 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

I think the fact he refused to play brings his commitment into doubt

I thought we'd got past that after he admitted fault and apologised, or are some people still acting like jealous girl/boyfriends?

3 minutes ago, Gnarwolf said:

I Just think that's simply because he's not the main man anymore, we're better with him, but we're not reliant on him anymore

I thought we'd got past that after he admitted fault and apologised, or are some people still acting like jealous girl/boyfriends?

That's his own fault though, was on fire in pre-season then does that. I think it disrupted the whole feel good factor around the club after beating Villa, i'm only just getting mine back now.

Everybody loved him, i'd have drank his wee wee after the villa game. Such a shame.

1 minute ago, ramone said:

Its not pure speculation, it was an observation of the game on Tuesday.

So you made a conclusion that was based on you're own opinion and not fact, I think that's basically the definition of speculation.

He had the best season he's ever had last season for us, and look what Istillhatestevebould posted, he may not be having the visual impact he had last season but now we have Fletcher, and Lee just keeps getting better, then there's Reach, as well as all the others, and he just doesn't stand out as much.

43 minutes ago, ramone said:

I'm not saying he's been awful. 

He doesn't have the same industrious nature about him anymore. He was ambling across the pitch on Tuesday night when he came on. I wouldnlt be suprised to see him out of the team more often. Especially if Reach continues in the same vein... 

He ambles seemingly disinterested onto the pitch every game this season. But I can't remember whether he did exactly the same last year. It might just be his regular manner.

9 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

That's his own fault though, was on fire in pre-season then does that. I think it disrupted the whole feel good factor around the club after beating Villa, i'm only just getting mine back now.

Everybody loved him, i'd have drank his wee wee after the villa game. Such a shame.

Don't get me wrong, I was so angry with him when it all kicked off, I just though we'd all as fans moved past it now, FF and CC have