Fernando

Regardless of what he done during the summer he is still our best player and the only one with the magic touch that can create a chance out of nothing and dropping him lately not helping his confidence but he trying his best and will pick off where he left off last season as the season gets on

7 minutes ago, offalyowl said:

Regardless of what he done during the summer he is still our best player and the only one with the magic touch that can create a chance out of nothing and dropping him lately not helping his confidence but he trying his best and will pick off where he left off last season as the season gets on

I don't really agree with that, we have others who can bomb one in from range unexpectedly.

1 hour ago, BigBlueDan said:

He played better for us when he didn't want to leave

Bang on the money - He looks a totally different player to the one we had last season.

I thought the club handled his saga fantastically at the time but the the time goes on, the more I think we should have cashed in our chips and moved on. 

18 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

I don't really agree with that, we have others who can bomb one in from range unexpectedly.

I'm more inclined to disagree with the 'he's still trying' comment. He's trying in respect of he's trying to make Fernando Forestieri look good. When he came on at Blackburn he was lazy and didn't get back behind the ball.

Its difficult for me to comment on the Forest game too much as i didn't go but from looking at the highlights it looked like he was only bothered about creating something for himself rather than the team... 

3 minutes ago, ramone said:

Bang on the money - He looks a totally different player to the one we had last season.

I thought the club handled his saga fantastically at the time but the the time goes on, the more I think we should have cashed in our chips and moved on. 

I agree.

These things never end well and there is a reason why clubs get rid of players when they become unsettled.

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

i think he's best on the  left rather than in a front two but if he did play upfront i'd back him to have 15 goals by the end of the season ......he's a good player and i dont think pressure comes into it at all .

Why do you think he would get 15 up front? He has scored one in four playing up front for Watford and us (7 in 31 last season). 

Is is it because you think he would do so much better with Fletch than he did with our strikers last year? 

3 minutes ago, mikecass919 said:

WTF are you on about mate? That feller put him in centre mid where he plays every single week?

In the 4-2-3-1 formation the 2 midfield players tend sit in front of the back four controlling the midfield and allow the three midfielders playing in front of them to do the attacking with the striker.

Lee is best making runs into the box so in a 4-2-3-1 I'd be playing him in the three off the striker, not in the two midfielders that have to keep their position for most of the game. As Lee would have to spend most of the game staying outside the box.

But that's just my opinion 

28 minutes ago, ramone said:

I'm more inclined to disagree with the 'he's still trying' comment. He's trying in respect of he's trying to make Fernando Forestieri look good. When he came on at Blackburn he was lazy and didn't get back behind the ball.

Its difficult for me to comment on the Forest game too much as i didn't go but from looking at the highlights it looked like he was only bothered about creating something for himself rather than the team... 

Did the highlights not show the winning goal then where he plays a ridiculously good hidden reverse pass for Fletcher to give Lee for the winner?

I'll tell you what, lets ship him out and replace him with Nuhiu who obviously wants to play for us!!!

Just now, PopePiusX said:

That there is a relish in some below-par (for him) performances  from some quarters is troublesome.

Indeed. 

Seems like some people are thrilled when he's not quite at his best. 

Weird. 

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Did the highlights not show the winning goal then where he plays a ridiculously good hidden reverse pass for Fletcher to give Lee for the winner?

I'll tell you what, lets ship him out and replace him with Nuhiu who obviously wants to play for us!!!

You struggle with the concept of a forum dont you... Really struggle. 

It was a good pass I'll give you that. But when i've seen him play recently he's been no where near the player we know he can be. Would you say that assessment is fair? 

Also, why do you have to always bring Nuhiu into a thread, its so boring. Haven't you got some playdough or an action man you can entertain yourself with rather than trying to speak with grown ups? 

Just now, PopePiusX said:

His performances have not been for the lack of trying though, he's just not in great form. Also, he hasn't been as awful as has been made out, just lots of the things he's tried haven't come off and he's missed a couple of chances.

I'm not saying he's been awful. 

He doesn't have the same industrious nature about him anymore. He was ambling across the pitch on Tuesday night when he came on. I wouldnlt be suprised to see him out of the team more often. Especially if Reach continues in the same vein... 

4 minutes ago, ramone said:

I'm not saying he's been awful. 

He doesn't have the same industrious nature about him anymore. He was ambling across the pitch on Tuesday night when he came on. I wouldnlt be suprised to see him out of the team more often. Especially if Reach continues in the same vein... 

I didn't go on Tuesday so I can't comment - and also I wasn't really talking about you. If he displayed a lack of effort then this is more troublesome, but I didn't get that impression from any of the games I've seen.

We still look far better with him on the pitch than off it, and he's still getting in all the right positions, he's just on a bad run of form and he still looks like one of our best players regardless of whether he's matching last seasons form, the desire for him to do bad from some fans, just so they can take the high ground is astounding, he apologised for what he did and moved on, I think you lot should do the same and stop reading in to every little thing he does