Fernando

15 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Which is where I think he'll start tomorrow, slightly behind Fletcher. Reach left midfield, with the fit again Pudil back at LB. Hooper to drop down to the bench IMO.

I wouldn't want him playing on the wing tomorrow. 

Assuming Reach is still having to fill in at left back, then I'd be getting Bannan out there to offer some protection against Mr Knockaert. 

Just now, SiJ said:

I wouldn't want him playing on the wing tomorrow. 

Assuming Reach is still having to fill in at left back, then I'd be getting Bannan out there to offer some protection against Mr Knockaert. 

Me neither. FF just behind Fletcher, Pudil back in at LB (if fit - seems to be according to CC) and Reach left midfield.

Guest Copthorneowl

Will the persecution ever end.  Can we please stop having Fernando threads it's utterly boring and achieves nothing.  Couldn't care less who can't forgive him any longer thank goodness those that matter have and that they've reintegrated him i.e. Carlos and his team mates, those fans that can't forgive try and imagine he's not here anymore but please stop imagining he's (i) not trying, (ii) trying too hard (iii) wanting away (iv) etc etc etc.

15 minutes ago, ohgoditsjames said:

Are we gonna have multiple threads about him after every game we play before he hits form? It's getting beyond a joke, we've had 3-4 different threads about him after every bloody week.

Agreed. 

Some people just can't let it go. 

Think we all realise he's not hit the heights this season, but the way some people are falling over themselves to question his commitment, professionalism (since bikegate) etc is ridiculous. 

The guy is our player - one of our best players (if not the best) - and from what I've seen he's still playing reasonably well. 

Edited by SiJ

For me, there's a big opportunity for him to grab our right midfield role.

I know Wallace does a decent enough job there most the time and offers a lot coming inside, and we have Buckley as a more traditional pacy option on the right, but with Reach being the logical choice as a left winger on the left I really think that FF will make that space his own.

Think back to Jon Paul McGovern - he wasn't a speedy winger who got to the byline, nor one who crosses like Beckham - but he was someone who caused havoc down the right, had a good shot on him, always there at the back post, contributed in defence... and could cross when needing to as well.

14 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

For me, there's a big opportunity for him to grab our right midfield role.

I know Wallace does a decent enough job there most the time and offers a lot coming inside, and we have Buckley as a more traditional pacy option on the right, but with Reach being the logical choice as a left winger on the left I really think that FF will make that space his own.

Think back to Jon Paul McGovern - he wasn't a speedy winger who got to the byline, nor one who crosses like Beckham - but he was someone who caused havoc down the right, had a good shot on him, always there at the back post, contributed in defence... and could cross when needing to as well.

Agreed. RW is a weak position for us. Wouldn't make sense to have Wallace playing but not FF.

Carlos likes a midfielder playing wide who can come inside and get involved as a decent centre midfielder. Wallace does this a lot.

Bannan did it from the left on tues when we had Buckley, a more natural winger , playing right.

If Reach starts on the left there is as much chance that I will start right wing tomorrow as FF.

People complain about Carlos playing people in the wrong place then want FF playing right wing