Fernando

Nobody knows what's going on in his head so nobody can comment that he's not commited to the club/team/fans. 

Anything else said without knowing what's in his head is indeed speculation. 

My opinion of him this season from what I've seen is he is still trying as hard as he normally does but he's just not playing as well. 

He done better than quite a few this season without him being in top form his every move gets scrutinised .dont agree with what he did but we a much better team with him in it 

l must be in a real minority because I've said several times this season that I think he's trying too hard,presumably wanting to put right his shoddy behaviour earlier in the season. That said I don't think he's pressing quite as quickly or as often as the 2nd half of last season but I think that could be said for the team as a whole.

28 minutes ago, Gnarwolf said:

Ideally, that's how forgiveness should work, but that's not whats going to happen here obviously, however, it doesn't need to be brought up all the time, someone started this thread to ask a simple question and it got turned into a few people speculating stuff that they have no idea about and masquerading it as fact

If you ask a question about what he's done to show any kind of lack of commitment, then surely you've got to expect his action to be brought up. You can show forgiveness, but that doesn't automatically fix broken trust. If he comes out with another statement about how much he lives the club and wants to finish his career here. Are ppl really going to believe him? This is one of those situations where we'll have to agree to disagree. You asked a question, I answered it. It wasn't anything personal, it was just a fact 

3 hours ago, PopePiusX said:

It's definitely the pressure of the summer. When he missed that chance on Saturday you can clearly see him run towards the ball and, just before tapping in, he stops momentarily to think 'Ah, I am under so much pressure from my agent's ridiculous behaviour earlier in the season that I may miss this opportunity' and then ran straight into the goalkeeper.

This is pure conjecture,  where did you obtain this information from, 

His agent I'll bet.

7 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

If you ask a question about what he's done to show any kind of lack of commitment, then surely you've got to expect his action to be brought up. You can show forgiveness, but that doesn't automatically fix broken trust. If he comes out with another statement about how much he lives the club and wants to finish his career here. Are ppl really going to believe him? This is one of those situations where we'll have to agree to disagree. You asked a question, I answered it. It wasn't anything personal, it was just a fact 

Nothing personal at all pal, healthy debate and all that, WAWAW

Fact of the matter is he chose not to play for a team he supposedly loves in the 2nd game of the season against a massive promotion rival,

Another fact is it peed of cc/dc proper - Enough for em to make a huge club statment and put Fessi on the naughty step and had him write an apology for forgetting his shorts and missing PE,

If it was me I'd have strung him up by the tezzers - made him run round in the spares like Billy Casper and have his sulks beaten out of him,

Another fact of the matter is we ended up with absolute dire results agains Burton and Leeds, 2 games we will look back on when we're at the point in the season of tallying 'silly points dropped'

I forgive but don't forget but I dunt wanna turn into sounding like some sort of x factor fruitcake 'Your peformance was ok but lacked ten cartwheels and wasn't heartflet' nor do i wanna spend all game wondering why he's walkin round like his dogs just died (because for all we know it might),

He's got a long season in front of him as we all have,

4 hours ago, BigBlueDan said:

He played better for us when he didn't want to leave

Inclined to agree with the above. He's not been the same since his refusal to play, despite his efforts. Maybe he's trying too hard, I don't know - but he's less effective.

Also disagree with people claiming he's best wide left. He can play there, we know that, but he's naturally a second-striker where he has more freedom. 

Just now, wilyfox said:

Inclined to agree with the above. He's not been the same since his refusal to play, despite his efforts. Maybe he's trying too hard, I don't know - but he's less effective.

Also disagree with people claiming he's best wide left. He can play there, we know that, but he's naturally a second-striker where he has more freedom

Which is where I think he'll start tomorrow, slightly behind Fletcher. Reach left midfield, with the fit again Pudil back at LB. Hooper to drop down to the bench IMO.

1 minute ago, owlZfan84 said:

Which is where I think he'll start tomorrow, slightly behind Fletcher. Reach left midfield, with the fit again Pudil back at LB. Hooper to drop down to the bench IMO.

I'd do the very same.