The Owls vs Brighton. Official Matchday Thread

Guest minsk owl

for anyone with attention span ............ the remainder of the Carlos' interview is live on Sky Sports 47

Glad I've not got the responsibility for working out the tactics for Monday. How can such a good result be so stomach-churningly scary?

It's going to be a faarkin battle royal. You can bet Brighton will come out from the kick-off like rats from a burning sheeitehouse.

Never though I would say this (against Big R that is) but BANG ON !

BHA's injury crisis tho' ?

Let's wait and see if it's real or a rest for the home leg...

They were down to 10 men on the night with no subs left all due to injuries. That's all I meant.

They couldn't play the game they wanted to and we played 45 mins against 10.

Taking nothing away from our lads.

If they chose to rest when coming away to Hillsboro and have received a 2-0 deficit in reply then that was pretty poor tactics (or have I missed your point?).

Like I repeatedly said in the run up to and after the Brighton game against Middlesbrough: They will be tired, they will be low on morale. They've had four injuries today and we won at a stroll (albeit against 10 men for quite a while). Brighton were the better of the two teams for us to get, and I have no doubt that the fact they had to give it their all 6 days ago has substantially contributed to our victory.

And what a foooooking win eh? lol

Like I repeatedly said in the run up to and after the Brighton game against Middlesbrough: They will be tired, they will be low on morale. They've had four injuries today and we won at a stroll (albeit against 10 men for quite a while). Brighton were the better of the two teams for us to get, and I have no doubt that the fact they had to give it their all 6 days ago has substantially contributed to our victory.

And what a foooooking win eh? lol

I agree on all points. We still need to be at our best though, on Monday. Failure, now, would be a very bitter pill.

Hughton sounds downhearted and defeated

He was right in what he said if they get one but same goes if we get one it's game over. Last thing they would want is extra time Hard game on saturday hard game tonight.

Edited by darra

I'm so so happy tonight. One of the best games I've seen in a long time. Yes I would have loved another goal or 2 and maybe that should have happened but the fact we have a 2v0 lead going in to the 2nd leg is amazing. I'm trying not to get to carried away but I can't help it :-)