Derby County vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread *** Early Kick Off ***

So many bitter people on here. They earned their draw and should have had a pen. If their manager thinks they could have won then he's correct to have that opinion.

Haha bitter get a grip.

The guy didn't even know who scored our goal. They may have shaded the game but no way were they the dominant team as he eluded to.

I'm ok with a point.

Its fair to say that they could have won but i think the reaction is more to do with the suggestion they missed loads of chances and 'had enough chances to win 2 games'. That suggests they were well in the ascendency and shoukd have won. That wasnt the case, either team 'could' have won, neither did. That was a really good game of football between 2 good quality sides. Both had chances to win and a draw was absolutely a fair result.

Well played to both side. Lets do it all again in the playoff final!

UTO

Haha bitter get a grip.

The guy didn't even know who scored our goal. They may have shaded the game but no way were they the dominant team as he eluded to.

I'm ok with a point.

He mixed up an opponents players name. That's all. They could easily have won and had a claim for a legitimate pen. Not sure what your point is. Has he got them playing decent football and them into the playoffs? Yes. Have they outfoxed us this season? Yes. Do they deserve to be in the playoffs? Yes.

Does it reflect well on us that we were able to compete with a team of that stature today? Yes. Can we beat them this season? Doesn't look like it.

You seem a little angry today, Blunkett. Go and have a beer, or two. :biggrin:

I'm not blind, I saw the game pretty well thanks fella. Had 6 Guiness though haha.

He mixed up an opponents players name. That's all. They could easily have won and had a claim for a legitimate pen. Not sure what your point is. Has he got them playing decent football and them into the playoffs? Yes. Have they outfoxed us this season? Yes. Do they deserve to be in the playoffs? Yes.

Does it reflect well on us that we were able to compete with a team of that stature today? Yes. Can we beat them this season? Doesn't look like it.

Got to agree mate, think we played well but thought they played better, they could have won, better chances than us, but come the play offs they may bottle it 

WE WILL NOT.

Its fair to say that they could have won but i think the reaction is more to do with the suggestion they missed loads of chances and 'had enough chances to win 2 games'. That suggests they were well in the ascendency and shoukd have won. That wasnt the case, either team 'could' have won, neither did. That was a really good game of football between 2 good quality sides. Both had chances to win and a draw was absolutely a fair result.

Well played to both side. Lets do it all again in the playoff final!

UTO

Don't talk sense you will be accused of being bitter.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

So how did we do?  I was at a birthday party.  Had the headphones on and the radio in one ear but difficult to catch what was happening.  Went mental for the Bannan goal though and everyone was wondering what was happening!

Have I questioned Derby's position in the league? No

Their squad is worth more than ours and they have been knocking on the door for 3 or more years.

We have gone there and competed well. If this was the first game in the play offs, we would be buzzing bringing them back to Hillsborough at 1-1.

No reason to fell we can't beat them if we meet again this season.

My point is I'm happy with a point, no bitterness here but I disagree with Wassail's assessment of the game. This coming from a guy who was verbally asbuse by his own players at Rotherham.

So how did we do?  I was at a birthday party.  Had the headphones on and the radio in one ear but difficult to catch what was happening.  Went mental for the Bannan goal though and everyone was wondering what was happening!

A good game and a deserved draw 

They had chances but so did we