Andy Lonergan

Had serious injuries at crucial times in his career

Otherwise i reckon he was on track to be one of the top English keepers around

Defintely should have seen off the likes of Rob Green in the pecking order

Sadly his stuttering career due to injury probably robbed him of that chance

Anyone remember the Preston game when BL was in charge (midweek match) ???? We lost 2-1 but battered them inspired by JJ, AL was unbelievable that night world class

Is that the game where JJ hit the same post twice in just three seconds, both screamers?

First bounced straight back out to him and he wellied it back again, onto the post.

Is that the game where JJ hit the same post twice in just three seconds, both screamers?

First bounced straight back out to him and he wellied it back again, onto the post.

One of my favourite ever moments at hillsborough

You had to see it to believe it

Wild one that scram but everyone has an opinion

How is tozer doing at QPR?

No idea how he's doing

Don't follow either him or QPR

I know he's a very good player - i think he was unlucky to have been let go by Watford - but then they went and signed Etienne Capoue...

Also dunno why it iis such a wild claim that AL could have been one of our top keepers

He was an absolutely outstanding young keeper who all the big clubs were looking at - then he snapped his cruciate - came back and shortly after did it again

2 years is an incredibly long time in the life of a developing prospect

That's it I was right behind it on the Kop AL got finger tips on it, (glad he's not as good now)

lol

I'd blocked that out of my memory! Just one of those bizarre things that was typical Wednesday!