No obsession, but you're using stats of Nuhiu playing in games as though he made a significant contribution. He didn't. There's probably some bloke called Gary in Dronfield that wore his lucky socks that made more of a contribution than that lump

Well I guess the more that games that keep being won with big Dave up top / Gary and his lucky socks being worn we will keep moving on up and challenging.

I'll keep smiling, looking for positives.

You'll keep moaning looking for negatives.

Good luck to Dave and Gary! As we win more with your lucky socks and his lucky totam together we are stronger!

The alternative Lucas is generally the bloke that replaces him and we go on to win/ draw. Likeable bloke but he's just not good enough.

Not sure the first part is true. I think neither big guy has done enough to convince they warrant a start week after week. Wish one of them would. Im sure Carlos would be delighted if one of them do.

In the meantime, we are doing fine.

Guest Paolo Di Catio

Well I guess the more that games that keep being won with big Dave up top / Gary and his lucky socks being worn we will keep moving on up and challenging.

I'll keep smiling, looking for positives.

You'll keep moaning looking for negatives.

Good luck to Dave and Gary! As we win more with your lucky socks and his lucky totam together we are stronger!

I'm not a moaner in general. It just gripes my poo poo that a bang average player that has a good 10 minute spell once every 10 games is immune from any criticism.

He's not good enough if we want to progress. I'd like him to prove me wrong and I've been willing him on since he signed for us, but the middle of last season pushed me to believe he's not got it in him. He'd do well in League 1 or against us as per the norm of our ex players

Its not all about winning header or missing chances as already stated its also about creating more space for other players and letting those OTHER players show how good they are when less opposed. Therefore Big Dave is doing his job and doing it well as the Stats suggest. Unless the Stats are misleading

I'm not a moaner in general. It just gripes my poo poo that a bang average player that has a good 10 minute spell once every 10 games is immune from any criticism.

He's not good enough if we want to progress. I'd like him to prove me wrong and I've been willing him on since he signed for us, but the middle of last season pushed me to believe he's not got it in him. He'd do well in League 1 or against us as per the norm of our ex players

Last season I could buy into to your argument, our team set up to be tighter than s knats ear and his job as sole striker to hold up the val and score.

Now we have a team where everyone presses, everyone passes and chances are spread throughout the team.

He plays a part in the BEST team we've had in last 15 or so years.

He is on the pitch contributing, whether you see it or not it's hard to argue against the stats, the coaches, his team mates and opposition, ex pros etc.

He is a handful, holds up the ball well, can pass as seen in last few games with good inter link passes and wins headers for hooper to feed off.

He doesn't score lots, he's not as mobile as others. If he did or was he'd probably be out of our league.... Or not have signed.

I support him, I support Joao, I support the coach and hope we keep winning, not to spite you or to prove a point but because I think we as fans deserve it, the players and coach does too.

Who are all these ex players that do well against us for every one you name I'll name 4 that are **** aganst us. Which makes the beginning of your post just as pathetic Edited by thommowl

Its not all about winning header or missing chances as already stated its also about creating more space for other players and letting those OTHER players show how good they are when less opposed. Therefore Big Dave is doing his job and doing it well as the Stats suggest. Unless the Stats are misleading

this whole argument which is used many times by the lovers assumes that were we to leave Nuhiu out then we'd play with 10 men or the opposition wouldn't bother to mark his replacement

just asked did you go

i don't comment on games I don't see....now can you enlighten me on what he did in the first half

this whole argument which is used many times by the lovers assumes that were we to leave Nuhiu out then we'd play with 10 men or the opposition wouldn't bother to mark his replacement

i don't comment on games I don't see....now can you enlighten me on what he did in the first half

Didn't go to the game, but according to some on here he apparently assisted Wallace's goal.

That probably doesn't count though, like tap-ins and penalties

Didn't go to the game, but according to some on here he apparently assisted Wallace's goal.

That probably doesn't count though, like tap-ins and penalties

if you count a 20 yard pass to a player in acres of space in his own half then absolutely that's a Nuhiu assist.....I'll give you that one.....and the fact that that's about all there is proves how much of an impact Nuhiu generally has on games....his 2nd half purple patch apart

Prescinding from the vitriol, could we address the continuing confusion about Daves name by adding a song to his repertoire - viz "Budapest" by George Ezra

"Atti nuhiu oooo Atti nuhiu ooooo he give it all

Give me one good reason why we ahould ever make a change (doodledoodoodoo)

Attis six foot seven and tall enough to knock down planes"

Results when he starts and when he's on the bench or dropped.

In starting 11

Won 8 (1 cup)

Draw 4

Lost 2

Out of starting 11

Won 5 (cup3)

Draw 5

Lost 5 (cup1)

Extremely misleading stats. Joao always starts against the top teams.

When Joao starts against the poorer teams we win comfortably and believe it or not Lucas actually dares to contribute with goals.

Just cos Joao was hung out to dry against Middlesboro suddenly Nuhiu is brilliant after half a good game.

When Nuhiu starts against poorer teams Joao usually has to come on and rescue the game.

Joao has played with Hooper and FF and looked awesome when starting and as sub and we look far more dangerous.

I fully expect the Owlstalk sheep to have short memories though.

Having a 6ft 7 battering ram up top has its uses in a highly physical league.  

When he's in the team, we pick up the results.

1-0 away win against Fulham was a top top result.  Nuhiu played his part in that game and contributed to the victory.   

if you count a 20 yard pass to a player in acres of space in his own half then absolutely that's a Nuhiu assist.....I'll give you that one.....and the fact that that's about all there is proves how much of an impact Nuhiu generally has on games....his 2nd half purple patch apart

It wasn't a bad pass to be fair. Not defence splitting but tidy play.

It wasn't a bad pass to be fair. Not defence splitting but tidy play.

I never said it was a bad pass but by the same token its a pass that i'd expect anyone playing Sunday league football to make 9/10

But its the only contribution that's been brought up as an example to disprove my comment that he was anonymous in the first half......which sort of proves my point rather that the opposite