Official New season ticket prices. 2016/17

lol.

'You've been warned'.

Chansiri has been warned that gates will be lower than they could/should be if he continues with his pricing policies.

It's too early to tell whether he has taken the warning on board. These increased prices are not particularly encouraging.

The kids prices are reasonable, to be fair.

Last season fans moaned about prices going up before seeing what commitment Chansiri would make. 

We have seen the improvements made on and off the field and phase one adult prices have increased by around £1 per game and still people moan about these prices.

The prices are not too much more than it cost to watch Alan Irvine's team under our financial constraints in 2010 in division 3.

Why does it really worry you when you have no intention of purchasing?

2010 when you happily paid £18 per game for a season ticket in the north stand in the 3rd division, £4 less than next season?

Worried for my fellow fans and what it's gonna cost in 3-4 years.

10 month finance option? lol Good luck with that with regards to the 3 year option!

I think this announcement shows prices are going to keep going up per season. 5% increase on kop for next season

Must admit I'm disappointed. Was hoping for nearer £1k for 3 year with it being a big commitment upfront, although that is probably cheeky.

I would have thought a better finance options though...10 month only? really? £240 to be found for me and partner per month.We would happily commit long term, but at that amount per month we stand no chance

I generally can't get to midweek games and given that I like to spend some Saturday's with my family away from S6 I don't have a ST.

But, given the extortionate POTG prices this season, even if I miss 8 games, it's now likely that I'd be (just about) better off buying a ST.

I'm sure it's just me but it does feel a little like the club is trying to force the hand of the fair weather fan into getting a ST.

All part of the master plan I suppose.

There is NO shame in not wanting to go 23 times in 10 months, none at all!

Tas

Because the club is better financially to have folk commit their £400 or £500 upfront rather than folk who may or may not turn up depending on 100 factors.

You don't like the train argument but it is valid. The season ticket holders provide the building blocks, the rationale for providing the facility or level of service.

At the gym I used to be a member of you can pay for a day pass. But it's about a tenner compared to 35 quid per month. You simply pay a higher price for turning up on your terms in all walks of life

I bet no other club in the football league cost 44% more this Boxing Day than last, and I bet they don't have 39 quid potg prices when an ST works out almost half as much.

There is NO shame in not wanting to go 23 times in 10 months, none at all!

Maybe the owners want to test the commitment of the fan base and try to get as many guaranteed fans at games as possible. Derby have over 22,000 season ticket holders.

Maybe if they find that we don't have the kind of fans able to genrate these kind of numbers and we don't achieve promotion in the next 2 seasons they will have a rethink about the money they are putting in?

In this respect I am a little wary of going all in for 3 seasons at this stage. Who knows what the future holds.

A master plan that won't end up particularly masterful we have 12-15000 who will buy season tickets yep we may add a few more to those figures but Sheffield folk don't particularly buy season tickets like the folk at Derby or Norwich do

Why? They haven't always had many more season ticket holders than we have.

So I'm 19 a season ticket in the North Stand was about £300 for this season so it's already gone up £100 not to mention the wee wee taking prices for 'commitment' for another year or two more years. I save a massive £10 for 2 years and an even bigger £20 for 3 years. This can't represent good value especially if we are still in the championship.

You're the same age as my son

His ticket was £270 in the North this current season

Next season it's £285

The under 25 ticket is for people above the age of 21

Unless I've got it wrong, anyone between 17 and 21 are classed as concession

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

This is hilarious, so many of our fans are so excited to see a team at Hillsborough that isn't completely dog shiit they can't even face reality, we are 7th in the second division. A bad run and we will be well out the running.

In just under a year you may very well be watching a side kicking around mid table on an iffy run.

Hopefully we will go up and have some good seasons but this steady price increase and division 2 football could very easily go on for quite a while. And you could be watching it with over 20,000 empty seats.

This is hilarious, so many of our fans are so excited to see a team at Hillsborough that isn't completely dog shiit they can't even face reality, we are 7th in the second division. A bad run and we will be well out the running.

In just under a year you may very well be watching a side kicking around mid table on an iffy run.

Hopefully we will go up and have some good seasons but this steady price increase and division 2 football could very easily go on for quite a while. And you could be watching it with over 20,000 empty seats.

Have you ever stopped to think some people want to support the club no matter what kind of run we are on?

Why? They haven't always had many more season ticket holders than we have.

Smaller grounds create incentive for buying STs. Better pricing does too. Derby ST holders guaranteed price freeze for next year - and they're more likely to go up than us - without having to buy 2 year ST.

That's football, bet Chelsea fans weren't expecting to be closer to relegation than europe when they bought their season tickets, stick to spending your money in the gym, at least you know what you are getting.

Anyone else think this may have been 'leaked' to guage opinion and make last minute tweaks?

Interesting to read such differing opinions on these.

Personally, I don't buy a season ticket to be rewarded. I buy one because I want to watch my team play and also to support the club.

I'd absolutely love to see us playing top flight football again and I'm willing to pay for it.

Let's say conservatively we spend one of those three seasons in the premier league, that's 65 games? For me, it isn't a gamble as I go and watch my team regardless of which league we're in

A three year price freeze, even incorporating a small price rise is fine by me. My Kop season ticket averages out at £18odd a game, couldn't be happier to be honest.

People who have a romantic notion of the flat fee tickets with a maximum of £500 are just being unrealistic if they think it will increase overall attendances.

A few years ago the club was pushing to increase season ticket sales in a bid to directly increase the players budget and make progress on the pitch.

People didn't go for it then, despite the cheaper prices and now that we're getting closer to the top flight people still have the same attitude towards things it seems.

Have you ever stopped to think some people want to support the club no matter what kind of run we are on?

But the club has those people, why are they alienating the 20-30 thousand that go when it suits.

It's just inconvenient as roger, 40 quid, if people aren't buying your product you don't ramp the price up.

Chansiri has 20 thousand empty seats and 16 thousand loyal fans and a revolving walk up of about 10 thousand or more, and this is what he's gone for....

We have improved dramatically and gates are the same on average.

Smaller grounds create incentive for buying STs. Better pricing does too. Derby ST holders guaranteed price freeze for next year - and they're more likely to go up than us - without having to buy 2 year ST.

Fair enough but they haven't been selling out most games over the past 2 or 3 seasons so its not as if tickets aren't available.

If you don't think these prices are reasonable then don't buy one.

Fair enough but they haven't been selling out most games over the past 2 or 3 seasons so its not as if tickets aren't available.

If you don't think these prices are reasonable then don't buy one.

I said they were reasonable. That doesn't mean POTG prices have to be unreasonable.

I said they were reasonable. That doesn't mean POTG prices have to be unreasonable.

Fair enough.

I don't see why we had 3 phases last season anyway. 2 phases is enough on my opinion, either take advantage of the early bird or pay the next phase price (although I think existing season ticket holders shoud always get a slightly better deal, or a free cup game where possible or something as a loyalty bonus).

How would you price next phase tickets and potg prices generally considering early bird prices are around £18 Kop, £22 North/Grandstand and £25 South?

Maybe Chansiri thought that people would pay a few Cat C+ prices and decide on getting an ST, I genuinely think the same people will renew and a lot of the potg fans will sack it off.

Another reason I don't go much is its flipping boring at Hillsborough, and it's boring because it's empty.

You need more fans in to get more fans in. We can win 3-0 but when it's in front of 19000 it's not very exciting.

Chansiri should be trying to get 30k in each game and worrying about the revenue later. That's what I'd do.

And I'm confident if potg was 20-25 quid and we started pushing for promotion the crowd would wake up and grow steadily.

Two things Hillsborough has not had for 20 years in tandem, decent team with something to play for like going to the PL and decent prices.

We have no idea what we could have going on at Hillsborough atm if we had our 2014 potg prices with THIS team.

I wouldn't increase them much. My ticket if I buy now has gone up about a quid a game. I'd have one of two more phases with a similar increase each new phase. Can't see that happening as it's a big reduction on this year.

Edited by rickygoo