Official New season ticket prices. 2016/17

So based on those figures if they remained the same a season ticket at prices released today would be completely pointless.

Do you agree with that?

How do you come to that conclusion?

Firstly prices weren't over £30. £30 was category A. But let's say £30 was price across the board next season. £30 X 23 games equals a POTG price of £690.

The price suggested on this thread is £505 for North Stand. That's a saving of £185 - 6 free games plus a couple of pies. That seems like a good saving to me.

If you're going to state facts so baldly they should at least be right. And I don't see where you're coming from re POTG savings either.

Why would anyone pay £30 23 times as a POTG fan? You'd be a season ticket holder if you went to every match

I've seen comments asking for POTG prices to be £20-£25. I personally think £36 is the max we should charge POTG (that's what I paid against wolves).

I do totally agree anything above that is far to expensive.

You asked what would be the point of being a ST holder at those prices i.e. £30 per game. Now you're saying the exact opposite - that there wouldn't be any point not being a ST holder. Edited by rickygoo

Depends what category you look at from 2014/15. If it's £27 POTG but an average of £22 being a season ticket holder (on today's released prices and obviously there will go up in the next phase) the incentive is not big enough.

The gap needs to a lot bigger but like I say you aren't going to get a fan walking up and paying POTG prices 23 times a year

So now you're picking the lower category to try and suit your argument even though you were adamant prices under MM were over £30. Bit cheeky lol

Tas would stump up £30. Based on that being the equivalent of 6 free games I think that would be a more than fair differential between POTG and ST prices. A next phase increase of the equivalent of £1 per game would see the differential erode a little but preferential treatment for cup games, away tickets and maybe shop purchases would further increase the savings and perks.

Your average POTG fan is not going to go anywhere near 23 times. At best your average POTG fan would go no more than half the games. So doing a calculation of 23 x £30 is pointless because it will never happen.

Of course it isn't a pointless calculation. You said buying a season ticket would be pointless. It's the only calculation you can do to show there is a very obvious point. How else do you work out the saving you make from buying a season ticket?

It's basic maths and basic common sense.

Edited by rickygoo

The issue is how much of a differential is desirable/productive/acceptable.

I think it's a perfectly valid opinion for you to say 6 free games isn't enough - that it should be 7, 8, 9 or whatever. I wouldn't agree with you but it's an opinion and who's to say who's right? But I don't think the differential is irrelevant - in fact I think it's the key factor.

But I dare say there'll be no agreement on this. That may not be a bad thing - my teenage daughter advised me today that although great minds think alike the full quote goes on to say but fools rarely disagree. We could be either.

lol

And now maybe I can get to kip. Good night.

If we use my figure of £36. That's 14 games POTG prices = same price as getting a season ticket.

How many games do you think your average POTG fan goes to? Anywhere near 14?

Like I said I really don't understand your point. You talked about the point of buying a season ticket and the major point - above sitting with your mates and away tickets - is the saving on POTG prices. And there's only one way to work that out. Anyway I've enjoyed the debate - which has been civilised for once on here. See ya 👍

Happy if those are the prices.

Il probably get a 1 year ticket for the Kop at £18 a game, which I'm happy with.

If there are any games I can't get to im sure I know enough people who would buy my ticket for the game at £18 rather than pay £36 lol

Surely the biggest moan is timing. Most people just getting over paying for Christmas and now we hav just under a month to splash the cash for next season. Are other clubs supporters in the same boat I wonder. There is no promise of premiership within the next couple of years. Our away from tells u that.

Excellent prices for both single season and three seasons for what everyone at the club is hoping/expecting to be a vastly improved product over the next three years.

Chansiri has made it abundantly clear that he wants as many fans as possible to commit to the club over the long term. Fans buying early and for the long run, thereby guaranteeing the club income at an early stage, are going to get the best deals. If you are planning to go a lot over the next year, buy a ticket now - it'll save you a fortune.

With regards the three year deals, I guess their thinking is that they fully expect us to be promoted in that time - and therefore although no real monetary incentive at present to sign up for the long run, once we are promoted the prices offered will shoot up dramatically. I guess they are hoping to cover the shortfall using the TV money we would get if we do go up - and the extra revenue they bag over the next 12 months will help finance a promotion push (and help us to avoid any sanctions in the form of FFP).

Seems to me that we finally have someone in charge who understands how to run a successful business. If they get their (and our) wish and we do get promoted, any time over the next 18 months, then this will represent excellent value for money.

Not been able to attend this year as not been in the country but will be signing up for a three year ST when I am back. Can't flipping wait - should be one hell of a roller coaster!!

It worries me that a special offer early advanced saving initiative can cost £25 a game.

It worries me even more to think our phase 3 this year may cost more than 35 a month on the south and more than 30 on the north.

And I cannot believe last years Boxing Day game cost 27 and this year it cost 39.

What really worries me is how out the habit I have gotten due to this years farce with potg, and I reckon I'll really fancy a game in 2 seasons time and I'll be paying over 50 quid to go and see a Wednesday game.

This all needs to calm down, wages haven't gone up since 2010, I really feel for those that can't do it anymore and I really worry what the long term affects are of the fans sacking it off when they get used to not bothering.

Do you ever stop moaning ?

With regards the three year deals, I guess their thinking is that they fully expect us to be promoted in that time - and therefore although no real monetary incentive at present to sign up for the long run, once we are promoted the prices offered will shoot up dramatically.

Well that's something to look forward to then...