Bad Starts

Some good positives from today, which are being discussed in other threads

But our starts NEED sorting out, could have been 2 nil down v a very poor Wolves side. A good away side would have won that game in the 1st 15.

Lethargic starts have and will cost us. Needs sorting.

But our starts NEED sorting out, could have been 2 nil down v a very poor Wolves side. A good away side would have won that game in the 1st 15.

Really syurprised you would be the one to start a negative thread.......

Wolves have won 4 away games, more than most in the division and have a better away record than home this season so not sure your point about them not being a good away side is valid.

Our home record this season is excellent, good to see we reacted well in the 1st half today.

Considering we're 7th and close to 6th at this point and have let the first goal in 7 times out of the last 9 does highlight our ability to get back in games. I feel we'll shake this spell off eventually but ironically that'll probably coincide with us conceding more 2nd half goals. 

It's definitely something we need to improve on. Every team will have something like that. Ipswich have a worse defence than us for example, whilst a few teams around us haven't scored as many goals as ourselves. 

Aye, good spot, mate.

Aye, it could cost us but looking at the positives from today we really did set up much better.

We look more solid and calmer with Hutchinson at the back, he also looked good there against Derby.

He's shown in those two performances he can play there for us and we can look solid at the back again with him playing there.

It would be interesting to see if he plays there more often and if he could strike up a good partnership with Lees?

Our defensive record last season was built upon playing the same keeper and back four more often than not.

Also I like the look of us going forward with Forestieri on the left. Many of us on here remarked how we turned around games with him being switched to the left whilst we chased games in the second half.

Also Bannan as been another plus point of the season so far and he looks good in the centre and as done well for us out wide too but I'd like to see us continue with Forestieri on the left and Bannan in the centre.

Once we get key players back and if we can go on another good run, then it really is an exciting time to be an Owl with the transfer window re-opening soon and the team well placed and looking good in a difficult and highly competitive division. The key word is patience because all teams will go through dips or get injuries and suspensions but one thing is for sure with DC around things are a hell of a lot more promising and exciting than in the past decade or so. It could also be a good sign that we have got back in games or turned games around quite often. 

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

Not tonight ay pal

Good result today.

Many positives, which is why I stooped and clapped every last player off the pitch, bannan being the last.

But, we need to sort the starts out. A more clinical team, would & have won that in the 1st 15.

bit like Huddersfield, we nearly went 2 down against a very poor side.

Surely on cc's, got to fix list.

Good result today.

Many positives, which is why I stooped and clapped every last player off the pitch, bannan being the last.

But, we need to sort the starts out. A more clinical team, would & have won that in the 1st 15.

bit like Huddersfield, we nearly went 2 down against a very poor side.

Surely on cc's, got to fix list.

Not sure. I am sure someone at the club will read owlstalk and take note though as you waste no time in highlighting the negatives.

Edited by Guest

Another way of looking at this, is say hypothetically we always start well but keep throwing it away at the end.  I would be more worried under those circumstances.  

Yeah sure we have a tendency to start slow, but I think we can take a lot of positives from the fact that we are able to come back into the game after going a goal or two down.  Shows real character.  

Another way of looking at this, is say hypothetically we always start well but keep throwing it away at the end.  I would be more worried under those circumstances.  

Yeah sure we have a tendency to start slow, but I think we can take a lot of positives from the fact that we are able to come back into the game after going a goal or two down.  Shows real character.

Starting from the start is also a sign of real character.

We did & should have won today, there big clumsy players couldn't deal with our small players skill & work rate.

But we made them look like world beaters in the 1st 15 mins.

I don't think he's being negative, just concerned that we are slow to start.

Great result though.