First Halves?

What happens? We just cannot start. Our first half stats are shocking.

Then we transform.

Don't get it. We've tried Joao to start, and Adthe to start. The end result is ok but the first 45 is abysmal.

I am delighted with our position 20 games in. But if only we could start how we finish.

Tin hat on cos I'm about to question CC. Do we show too much respect to opponents? Are we better then we think we are, and can afford to adopt a more positive approach from the off? Once we really go for it, Udders, Blackburn, today, we are hard to contain.

Best football in the first and middle thirds we have seen for many a year.

It took Fessi to collect the ball and have a dig in the last 3rd to get us going.

Not enough shots IMO - Hooper might find a bit more success if we actually put the keeper under pressure to make our often superb approach play pay off from the first minute?

No getting away from it - we overplay on the edge of the opposites 18 yard line and it has cost us, especially away.

Yeah we seem more focused upon keeping the ball that some teams just ask us to break them down. If we don't they counter or go direct and we haven't been able to deal with that.

But later in the game they seem to tire from chasing us around and the openings start to come.

I think we need another bully of a forward to break things down and perhaps another attacking mid to cover Ff

Not sure it's just first halves.  We seem to have one bad half in each game and it can be first or second.  It's like we've either done our homework really well and we come out and over run the opposition in the first half.  Or the opposition have done their home work better and it takes a bit of a rethink at half time to get the best out of us.

Good news is we're not losing games we would have in previous years!

Just not bothered...

I've wondered if it's a fitness thing. We can carry playing on with an intensity that the opposites can't match into the second half.

Usually its been a change of formation with an extra striker that's made the second half difference.

Maybe we should just start with that formation instead of using it to rescue a game...