January signings

Guest wilyfox

Is he not captain anymore then wily? Just what we're missing IMO a big strong box to box type.

I don't know whether he's the captain or not. Would be an upgrade on Semedo. Prem clubs were sniffing last season.

Guest wilyfox

How many defensive midfielders do we want? Semedo is plenty good enough to cover Melo and Hutch

He really isn't. There's a noticeable difference in quality when we need to call upon him. It was also reported that Melo could be out for the season. Part of our preparation for the top flight should be to weed out the players that aren't good enough to come with us.

He really isn't. There's a noticeable difference in quality when we need to call upon him. It was also reported that Melo could be out for the season. Part of our preparation for the top flight should be to weed out the players that aren't good enough to come with us.

Is he, many months and recovering from surgery was the last I heard.

I think he will feature towards the end of the season, if not, I'd probably get shot in the summer and look for some one else.

Just think if we can get him fit he could be an important player for us.

Guest wilyfox

Is he, many months and recovering from surgery was the last I heard.

I think he will feature towards the end of the season, if not, I'd probably get shot in the summer and look for some one else.

Just think if we can get him fit he could be an important player for us.

Supposedly.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/11/13/sheffield-wednesday-midfielder-filipe-melo-ruled-out-injured-for/page/1/

Crap source, don't know if they were they only ones reporting it.

He's been decent when I've seen him, and we're a championship club, so how good can we expect our back up players to be? If we're going to upgrade, then upgrade the starting eleven first. That way you really do improve things.

Guest wilyfox

He's been decent when I've seen him, and we're a championship club, so how good can we expect our back up players to be? If we're going to upgrade, then upgrade the starting eleven first. That way you really do improve things.

I'm still reluctant to bank on Hutchinson staying fit throughout. So far so good for him this season, but you can't ignore his record. I understand people have a soft spot for Semedo, but the limitations of his game and Helan's are there for all to see.

I'm still reluctant to bank on Hutchinson staying fit throughout. So far so good for him this season, but you can't ignore his record. I understand people have a soft spot for Semedo, but the limitations of his game and Helan's are there for all to see.

Then if we're gonna bring someone in, bring someone in who's good enough to dislodge Hutchinson. That's the way forward

Guest wilyfox

Then if we're gonna bring someone in, bring someone in who's good enough to dislodge Hutchinson. That's the way forward

Just someone equally as good would do, so that a change doesn't weaken us.

Former blade I know, but I've been impressed by Nick Blackman this season. 

he's a good size, decent left foot and pretty quick.

Very good player, but he'll cost a good whack now that he's doing great this season. Think he's playing up front too rather than out wide.

Guest wilyfox

Very good player, but he'll cost a good whack now that he's doing great this season. Think he's playing up front too rather than out wide.

He's in the last year of his contract though, which may affect his price and availability. Personally, I think he's an ok player in great form - but maybe not a great player. Not sure whether he can sustain and repeat.

Sean scannel from uddersfield if we want a quick powerful winger,

Then I'd probably try to loan bridcutt

He is bang average, if that!

We may or may not be ready for Rhodes or McCormack, but we are way beyond the likes of Scannel.