Owlstalk Player of the Season - (the stats so far)

Can't believe how few votes pudil has got, shows how good others are playing but he really is a top full back him and jack hunt give us a real threat all over pudil is the nearest we have come to having another Roland Nilsson

It should go on total votes rather than MOM awards.

Then it awards consistency.

An extreme example, but for instance a player that is our second best player every match but wins no MOM awards is more deserving of the player of the season than somebody who wins a few MOM awards but is for most matches he plays pants.

Yes, this for me is the main reason why it should go on votes. For example, if Jack Hunt gets MOM in the next game he will be in 2nd place for player of the season, and as decent as he's been at times that wouldn't seem fair to me.

Should we factor in the number of times a players name is chanted? This could have an undue influence on their performance

Right I've got it.

Useful touches x chant mentions x pass completion - times referred to as "Sheffield" in a post match interview 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minutes on the field

I notice the players who get MOM on Owlstalk often get dropped for the next game. Could this be Halloween related? Proof of squad rotation only happens for Cup games?

Hunt MOM vs. Bristol City, dropped for Mansfield Town (Cup)

Hutchinson MOM vs Leeds, dropped for Oxford United (Cup)

Wallace MOM vs Fulham, dropped for Newcastle United (Cup)

Forestieri MOM vs Rotherham, dropped for Arsenal (Cup). He was cup-tied

Right I've got it.

Useful touches x chant mentions x pass completion - times referred to as "Sheffield" in a post match interview 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minutes on the field

There's something missing...ah, yes, number of negs posters get for supporting/dissing a player (only applies to Nuhui and Semedo)

Great work Whitechapel. Loving all the stats and the different results that it creates.

It should go on total votes rather than MOM awards.

Then it awards consistency.

An extreme example, but for instance a player that is our second best player every match but wins no MOM awards is more deserving of the player of the season than somebody who wins a few MOM awards but is for most matches he plays pants.

I would mostly agree with this but I prefer the AVPG for the same reasons, but this awards consistency in the games they actually play in. They can't get any votes if Carlos doesn't play them every game or they are cup-tied (Forestieri).

Perhaps set a minimum of 10/15/20 games so that you don't get 1 player playing one game and getting 100 votes or summat.  :rolleyes:

Edited by roaminowl

Great work Whitechapel. Loving all the stats and the different results that it creates.

I would mostly agree with this but I prefer the AVPG for the same reasons, but this awards consistency in the games they actually play in. They can't get any votes if Carlos doesn't play them every game or they are cup-tied (Forestieri).

Perhaps set a minimum of 10/15/20 games so that you don't get 1 player playing one game and getting 100 votes or summat.  :rolleyes:

For the next one I'll update the AVPG to reflect how many minutes each player has actually spent on the field. Like I previously mentioned its currently flawed in the respect where if a player comes on in the last couple of minutes it will damage his AVPG.

Good to see that the goalkeepers are not getting many votes. Westwood would have been top last year

What is refreshing is how far down Westwood is. This time last season, he would have been top.

Oh. Hadn't seen that, but yes, exactly

Interesting that Tom Lees had played by far the most games but has less votes than players like Hunt and McGugan. Harder for a CB to get MOM though and why he might not often be your first choice he'll consistently be in your top 3.

Purely due to the fact that there is a level of expectation from the fans.

Bannan and Lee have been somewhat surprising.