Owlstalk Player of the Season - (the stats so far)

Thought I'd update this as the season goes along so we can track our player of the season on here. 

It wasn't until I'd finished messing around with the spreadsheet that I discovered Kivo's suggestion for the award to go to the player who wins the most Man of the Match awards. I also noticed Wath-owl's fantastic images in the same thread. My intention wasn't to derail their system but if people would rather use the total votes system then I'm happy to update these figures every few games and will update it in this thread. Both ways of doing it will probably create the same winner anyway so it doesn't matter too much.

Anyway, for anybody interested, these are the current standings after the Arsenal game.

post-24175-0-07811700-1446333845_thumb.p

Edit - forgot to mention AVPG is average votes per game.

Edited by Whitechapel Owl

Interesting that Tom Lees had played by far the most games but has less votes than players like Hunt and McGugan. Harder for a CB to get MOM though and why he might not often be your first choice he'll consistently be in your top 3.

Think it's because on a game-by-game basis Lees doesn't do anything spectacular, but over a season his consistency makes him one of the best players at the club. No doubt that he's a better player for us than these votes would suggest, but what can you do!

I'd say the best measure would be AVPG providing that they've played more than 50% of games, but that's just me! 

Some real surprises there.

Personally don't remember Wiggins having any good games, never mind MOM but I am obviously forgetting something.

And Lavery got four votes. From who? His Mum?

Can't believe Bannan has already played 10 games for us. MOM in 40% of the games he has played for us is an incredible stat.

Remember when a few people wanted him dropped after the Hull game. Oh dear!

Someone should bump that thread.

Good to see a lot of players attracting a high number of votes. Shows the quality we have across the squad and that lots of players have more than pulled their weight.

As others said, almost scandalous how few votes Lees gets, but I guess we've all come to expect 8 or 9/10 a came from the bloke - harder to stand out! The only explanation I can think of...

Seriously, who voted for Bus and Price?!

Think it's because on a game-by-game basis Lees doesn't do anything spectacular, but over a season his consistency makes him one of the best players at the club. No doubt that he's a better player for us than these votes would suggest, but what can you do!

I'd say the best measure would be AVPG providing that they've played more than 50% of games, but that's just me! 

Possibly, but the problem with the AVPG is that some players make a lot of sub appearances, coming on in the last 5-10 mins, so its a bit harsh on players like Sogou etc. I just used the full list of players from each MOM poll and didn't look at what time anyone came on.

Possibly, but the problem with the AVPG is that some players make a lot of sub appearances, coming on in the last 5-10 mins, so its a bit harsh on players like Sogou etc. I just used the full list of players from each MOM poll and didn't look at what time anyone came on.

Could you divide it by minutes on the field?