Arsenal Ticket Update

Just regards Reading Owls suggestion that people on here work for the club defending the indefensible

The club has regularly over the years employed PR companies to do just that. Public opinion is very important. I think anyone who thinks that the club wouldn't employ PR people in the current situation, where they know they have dropped a major ball wee wee tail are the naive and stupid ones....

You can all get back to bullying Kivo now

:duntmatter: :duntmatter:

Ok looking back in history so it could be argued it's not relevant but the swings in attendances at Hillsborough are huge. So 30 years ago we got 30k for a midweek game and 19k for the following Saturday. No price differentials, we were 5th in the league, we drew the first and won the 2nd.

The answer is probably down to the quality of the opposition, 2 games in a week so folk had to pick and choose, or simply they couldn't be bothered going twice in a week

This debate is almost as old as the club

Guest Deleted member

Ok looking back in history so it could be argued it's not relevant but the swings in attendances at Hillsborough are huge. So 30 years ago we got 30k for a midweek game and 19k for the following Saturday. No price differentials, we were 5th in the league, we drew the first and won the 2nd.

The answer is probably down to the quality of the opposition, 2 games in a week so folk had to pick and choose, or simply they couldn't be bothered going twice in a week

This debate is almost as old as the club

So are you suggesting that despite everybody suggesting the opposition don't matter as people are going to see Wednesday, the opposition DO matter?

Just regards Reading Owls suggestion that people on here work for the club defending the indefensible

The club has regularly over the years employed PR companies to do just that. Public opinion is very important. I think anyone who thinks that the club wouldn't employ PR people in the current situation, where they know they have dropped a major ball wee wee tail are the naive and stupid ones....

A few of your enemies may well be asking how much you are on

So are you suggesting that despite everybody suggesting the opposition don't matter as people are going to see Wednesday, the opposition DO matter?

It's one of the factors common sense tells you that.

Ok we can afford to go to one match son. Shall we pick a game v Arsenal or Hull City.

It explains why in the example from 30 years ago we got 30k for a match v Everton and 19k for West Ham

I asked Reading Owl, but it seems he's gone AWOL after his initial post: if you're sure there are 'club agents' posting on here, who are they? Name names.

I was hoping to stop in bed this morning but got a phone call from someone at club telling me to get on owls talk and sort those out who are complaining once again about ticket prices. lol

Our fans Reyt irritate me with stuff like this. We play on the telly away at Leeds most seasons which understandably lowers the attendance from us.

But, when you think about it, it's one of the cheapest away days of the season (from South Yorkshire). If you drive it'll cost next to nothing in petrol. Next to nothing on the train and say a fiver to park(same as everywhere else). Yeah the ticket is a bit dearer but that's combatted with how cheap it is to get there.

The likes of; Derby, Forest and Wolves etc always take good crowds there (sometimes televised)

But we take 900-1000 there yet two weeks before, we took 2000ish to Ipswich which cost £50+ to get there and about £35 a ticket plus whatever you eat or drink while you're there

There Arsenal match is NOT too expensive. The moaners have just got something to moan about cause it's on Sky. Say we lose to QPR and beat Rotherham, we'll have lost 1 out of 8. I really don't get how people can argue with the prices. Especially when Boro are taking 10000+ to Okd Trafford the day after at £45 a ticket AND it's on Sky.

It's one of the factors common sense tells you that.

Ok we can afford to go to one match son. Shall we pick a game v Arsenal or Hull City.

It explains why in the example from 30 years ago we got 30k for a match v Everton and 19k for West Ham

so because the pattern has been reproduced for decades, either you are saying the pricing was also too high 30 years ago, or the price doesn't matter now, which is it

Define "normal standard of living".

Isn't average family income about 30k or 2k net per month. Clearly that is a national average so might be less in the Sheffield area.

The answer to all this however is disposable income, the bit left after the bills have been paid and what other leisure activities or lifestyle choices comes out of that budget

Define "normal standard of living".

I'd say I'm above a normal standard of living. I earn a decent wage, have no debt other than my mortgage. I have disposable income but some of this will be spent on new clothes every so often, some spent on a holiday, some spent on meals etc with my girlfriend. 

I'd say I'm more well off than a few others and I still can't afford to go to every game I have off. Obviously some people are prioritising wednesday and that's their choice, but they are probably forfeiting something for that. 

so because the pattern has been reproduced for decades, either you are saying the pricing was also too high 30 years ago, or the price doesn't matter now, which is it

No I am saying there are a combination of factors that affect the attendances at Hillsborough of which price of tickets is one, nature of opposition another, the schedule of games, the weather, whether it's on TV, the incumbent fickle nature of our fan base

Our fans Reyt irritate me with stuff like this. We play on the telly away at Leeds most seasons which understandably lowers the attendance from us.

But, when you think about it, it's one of the cheapest away days of the season (from South Yorkshire). If you drive it'll cost next to nothing in petrol. Next to nothing on the train and say a fiver to park(same as everywhere else). Yeah the ticket is a bit dearer but that's combatted with how cheap it is to get there.

The likes of; Derby, Forest and Wolves etc always take good crowds there (sometimes televised)

But we take 900-1000 there yet two weeks before, we took 2000ish to Ipswich which cost £50+ to get there and about £35 a ticket plus whatever you eat or drink while you're there

There Arsenal match is NOT too expensive. The moaners have just got something to moan about cause it's on Sky. Say we lose to QPR and beat Rotherham, we'll have lost 1 out of 8. I really don't get how people can argue with the prices. Especially when Boro are taking 10000+ to Okd Trafford the day after at £45 a ticket AND it's on Sky.

and, might i add, before the social income brigade turn up, Boro is a way more depressed area than Sheffield

I do agree with most of this but we took more than 900-1,000 to Leeds, think it was nearer 1,500.

Away days are a day out for most fans and some are put off by early kick off times.

I hate early kick offs for home games never mind away ones.

No I am saying there are a combination of factors that affect the attendances at Hillsborough of which price of tickets is one, nature of opposition another, the schedule of games, the weather, whether it's on TV, the incumbent fickle nature of our fan base

i agree 100%, so the price rise this season, isn't SOLELY to blame for the marginally smaller crowds to last year