Arsenal Ticket Update

I'd say I'm above a normal standard of living. I earn a decent wage, have no debt other than my mortgage. I have disposable income but some of this will be spent on new clothes every so often, some spent on a holiday, some spent on meals etc with my girlfriend.

I'd say I'm more well off than a few others and I still can't afford to go to every game I have off. Obviously some people are prioritising wednesday and that's their choice, but they are probably forfeiting something for that.

Good post

For some folk SWFC are what their life revolves around and that is where their money goes

For others they come and go

For others it's an occasional treat

The argument is really whether those in the latter group should pay the same price as a regular attendee

i agree 100%, so the price rise this season, isn't SOLELY to blame for the marginally smaller crowds to last year

Price will never be the sole factor in determining the attendance at Hillsborough

Good post

For some folk SWFC are what their life revolves around and that is where their money goes

The argument is really whether those in the latter group should pay the same price as a regular attendee

no they shouldn't, loyalty should be rewarded, but by how much, that's the real question

but loyal or not, football prices are way too high

Saturday kick off v Hull on TV with no game for the week prior. How many home tickets sold?

Midweek kick off v Arsenal on TV in the middle of a run of games. How many home tickets sold?

Majority of people are not 'priced out' they are simply choosing not to go.

I've no problem with that, it's their money. But what grates is the faux outrage on behalf of those who are supposedly priced out - when many aren't

I've also said before - I have genuinely sympathy with those who genuinely cannot afford it

Guest Deleted member

Maybe not, but it's worth asking the question every time the assertion is made that 'club agents' are being employed.

I'd be genuinely interested in a proper response.

If I could be arsed I'd look back and find the name of the PR Agency that had been used in the past.

But I can't be arsed

Edited by Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

Saturday kick off v Hull on TV with no game for the week prior. How many home tickets sold?

Midweek kick off v Arsenal on TV in the middle of a run of games. How many home tickets sold?

Majority of people are not 'priced out' they are simply choosing not to go.

I've no problem with that, it's their money. But what grates is the faux outrage on behalf of those who are supposedly priced out - when many aren't

I've also said before - I have genuinely sympathy with those who genuinely cannot afford it

How do you come to that conclusion

Maybe they are priced out of attending two games so choose one

How do you come to that conclusion

Maybe they are priced out of attending two games so choose one

Because we are constantly being told people aren't attending because prices are too high

When prices are lower, people still don't attend unless it's Arsenal.

Let's face it. We could charge pretty much whatever above 25 quid a ticket and the same hardy souls will attend, as others can't afford it

Until we play a premier league team.

If I could be arsed I'd look back and find the name of the PR Agency that had been used in the past.

But I can't be arsed

What was the name of that Paris based, Rob Beal comedy outfit?

Isn't average family income about 30k or 2k net per month. Clearly that is a national average so might be less in the Sheffield area.

The answer to all this however is disposable income, the bit left after the bills have been paid and what other leisure activities or lifestyle choices comes out of that budget

Yep. The point I was trying make is that its not just as easy as saying "lets make it affordable for the people on normal incomes" without really looking into what you mean by "nornal".

But I can't be arsed

I'm not doubting that the club employ PR agencies, nor that they monitor online forums regarding the club.

All I'm asking is for those who claim that the club employ people to post on here to name those posters who are 'club agents'.

If you ever can 'be arsed' to do this, I'd be interested to see the list of names.

A lot of it is about value for money. People look at the prices and don't think it's worth going to see second tier football. Money is tight for many and they can get more bang for their bucks elsewhere.

The Arsenal game is a big occasion so more people will splash out. I won't pay £25 for cod and chips every fortnight but I might occasionally pay £30 for lobster and chips. Whether that's being "priced out" is an issue of semantics.

The price isn't everything but the ridiculous number of categories and our reputation as the highest priced team to watch in the division certainly hasn't helped crowds despite the new optimism.

Good post

I think the club have got it spot on with the pricing for this game. As a season ticket holder, personally it wouldn't have bothered me if I didn't get a discount, but a few quid knocked off shows the club is trying to repay some of the loyalty.

Why should they? Should you pay more for petrol or the cinema just because you don't go as often as others?

That's how it works at the cinema, yes.

My mate's got a card that gets him into the cinema any time he likes, which costs him around £200 a year. As he's a bit of a film buff who goes to the cinema at least twice a week, he pays around £2 per movie. Since I only go once in a blue moon, I pay £10 to watch the same movie as him.

That's how it works at the cinema, yes.

My mate's got a card that gets him into the cinema any time he likes, which costs him around £200 a year. As he's a bit of a film buff who goes to the cinema at least twice a week, he pays around £2 per movie. Since I only go once in a blue moon, I pay £10 to watch the same movie as him.

Yeah loyalty scheme fair do's. General sale prices though no.

Yeah loyalty scheme fair do's. General sale prices though no.

I think I may have missed your original point.

If there was a suggestion that those who've bought more general sale tickets than someone else should get cheaper entry, then I agree that seems unfair. For example, my Donny Rovers-supporting uncle comes over from Italy once a year to watch his team. The idea that he should have to pay an extra premium on top of his travel and accommodation compared to a bloke who lives in Cantley and has been to three home games already that season doesn't sit well.

The only way to organise it fairly is to have loyalty schemes such as season tickets and membership which reward those who are regular attendees.

So the Arsenal game is more about season ticket holders / members getting a discount to reward loyalty not the regular fan paying a premium

Glad we have got that sorted