Nuhiu Interview

Sorry if popes dead but just heard him saying he was best striker we've had in 2 years.

"They bring in new strikers on loans and emergency loans and none of them do better than we already do so I do not accept these ctricisms"

Edited by TK-Owl

I feel sorry for the fella.Not sure the criticism is justified.He's had 2-3 bad games recently but that doesn't make you a bad footballer. He's scored some important goals for us.Yes he is limited but he does have ability and he is a handful.I can see that,opposition managers can see that,opposition supporters more often than not comment on how he caused them problems etc He runs himself into the ground and gives 100 percent every week.Can't ask for more than that.If he was lazy and stealing a living, I can understand people criticising him but he's not. I don't like the fact that hes become the target of a vocal section of supporters who love to criticise him.We should never criticise players who give 100% like the way some are Nuhiu,it'll kill any confidence he has if people aren't careful. WAWAW? Not where Nuhiu is concerned and I think it's unfair.

I like the big guy and he does undoubtedly cause the opposition problems but a strikers main job is the score goals, Nuhiu just doesn't have enough of the killer instinct to score the amount we need from a striker.

Edited by Spookone

To be honest, the link up of him and Joao in that more traditional 4-4-2 worked well.

It allowed Nuhiu to play his "hold up and pass" game we are always told he is the No 1 man for and gave Joao chance to get into space and they created danger together.

Not sure if it would work week in week out, but it certainly did against Boro, he changed the attacking flow of the game for us.

Just a shame about the lack of tracking back etc for the 2 counter attacks...

He might not score as many as we want but until we get someone better we should get behind him. Everyone including the manager knows he's not perfect but he is the best we currently have. Nuhiu himself must know he should score more but he is doing his best and give his all. If he was sticking them in every week he would be in the Premiership not the Championship.

I feel sorry for any player who gives his all and still gets dogs abuse from our fans. Save it for the ones who don't try. Accept it, we are currently not in the top grade and all our players have faults.

But we can criticise him for being wrong and crap.

it's all about opinions  he's obviously defending his performance on the basis he's being picked and supported by 3 managers and feared by opposites. - all i can say to that is they would say that wouldn't they?

personally I'm edging from total support of a 100%er to reluctantly admitting he isn't getting better or good enough. I want to see him play alongside a decent player and see how that works 

Guest wilyfox

it's all about opinions  he's obviously defending his performance on the basis he's being picked and supported by 3 managers and feared by opposites. - all i can say to that is they would say that wouldn't they?

personally I'm edging from total support of a 100%er to reluctantly admitting he isn't getting better or good enough. I want to see him play alongside a decent player and see how that works

His argument is a moot point. He says no-one was better, them goes on to mention Connor Wickham. Presumably, he's either ignored or forgotten Matty Fryatt as well. Regardless of any other player's stats, Atdhe's aren't good reading.

Nuhiu has every right to defend himself - but there's only really one way he can do that, and it isn't by going on local radio. He just inflames an argument he can't win, because a lot of the criticism aimed at him is fair.

All this he will never score 20+ goals. Well that isn't a major problem as lots of forward won't. The problem is he won't score 12+ league goals in a seaosn. I think his highest ever total is 8. That's one of the huge problems. I remember a thread pre season saying he will thrive in this new set up with one up top and score 20+ goals. I said he isn't quick enough, he seemingly is rarely is capable of creating that half a yard and doesn't have goal scoring instincts which I highlighted in a another thread. I really want the guy to succeed and so does everyone who supports Wednesday. We just have a problem of accepting mediocrity and are more than willing to put up with it as long as a player tries.

I can't wait till this club and its fan base changes to actually having a winning mentality and not just be content with a squad full of people who try. I always say this, giving 100% effort should be the MINIMUM requirement of a professional footballer on match days.