Why are the *eeds copying us?

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!

Yep.

So you've given your opinion on the 'leeds copying us' & I've given mine.

But you're the one asking me why I'm positing on this thread if I don't agree with people.

So don't say 'exactly' as if your point has been made.

That's a good point.

Incidentally, what do you think of that 'Lees Electric' song I wrote?

gary megson

So many versions of that song now.

Past caring.

Lees isn't electric.

He's candle light.

Or a wind turbine.

Yep.

So you've given your opinion on the 'leeds copying us' & I've given mine.

But you're the one asking me why I'm positing on this thread if I don't agree with people.

So don't say 'exactly' as if your point has been made.

"Exactly" meaning people don't want their opinions greeted with "why the foook does it matter". It matters to me because it's my opinion. Yours wasn't really an opinion was it? It was more of a dig. If we all made posts like that on topics we're not interested in then owlstalk would go down the pan very quickly.

In answer to the OP because they have nothing of their own:-

1. Stadium - Council's

2. Kit - Real Madrid's

3. Main Rivals - Made up

4. Town's No.1 Sport - Egg Chasing

UTO :biggrin:

Haha. All true that.

"Exactly" meaning people don't want their opinions greeted with "why the foook does it matter". It matters to me because it's my opinion. Yours wasn't really an opinion was it? It was more of a dig. If we all made posts like that on topics we're not interested in then owlstalk would go down the pan very quickly.

My opinion was 'that it doesn't matter', highlighted when I posted that I thought the whole crying about others singing 'our song' reminded me of playground mentality. In turn I posed the question of 'why the roger does it matter'.

A constructive reply would to give an answer as to why you think it matters. That would strike up a debate. 

Instead we're having this rather mundane conversation, which you struck up.

If every thread had people agreeing with each other, owlstalk would go down the pan very quickly.

Edited by FlyingOwl

My opinion was 'that it doesn't matter', highlighted when I posted that I thought the whole crying about others singing 'our song' reminded me of playground mentality. In turn I posed the question of 'why the roger does it matter'.

A constructive reply would to give an answer as to why you think it matters. That would strike up a debate.

If every thread had people agreeing with each other, owlstalk would go down the pan very quickly.

Ok then I'll reply in your manner.

Why the foook doesn't it matter?

There's ways of talking to people if you want to strike up a debate.

It matters cos it bothers people. It matters cos as I'm sure you'll understand, football is tribal. Fans like to have their own thing. Their own uniqueness. If it doesn't bother you that's fair enough. Leave us to talk about it and you debate a topic that interests you instead of coming on this thread.

Think you need a hobby

Ok then I'll reply in your manner.

Why the foook doesn't it matter?

There's ways of talking to people if you want to strike up a debate.

It matters cos it bothers people. It matters cos as I'm sure you'll understand, football is tribal. Fans like to have their own thing. Their own uniqueness. If it doesn't bother you that's fair enough. Leave us to talk about it and you debate a topic that interests you instead of coming on this thread.

You actually probably missed the comment where I said my whole opinion on the subject, rather than just the light hearted picture I posted later.

That's the only logical explanation for you having a problem with what I have said, verses other of the same viewpoint. 

Football is tribal. You're completely right there. But it's tribal in the sense that you sing songs directed towards opposition teams/fans etc etc. Not getting in a small hissy fit cos Leeds sing a song we sing. That's not tribal, that's childish IMO.

And this thread does interest me. It interests me as to how petty football fans & grown men can me. Not just this club, across the country. 

But fair enough. If Leeds singing 'we're all Leeds aren't we' bothers you then crack on. 

You're missing the point of this forum entirely though if you've gotten your knickers in a twist over the fact I disagree with people...

WAWAW will always be unique to us anyway so I really don't get the problem.

Think you need a hobby

And I think you're getting a bit obsessed.

You actually probably missed the comment where I said my whole opinion on the subject, rather than just the light hearted picture I posted later.

That's the only logical explanation for you having a problem with what I have said, verses other of the same viewpoint.

Football is tribal. You're completely right there. But it's tribal in the sense that you sing songs directed towards opposition teams/fans etc etc. Not getting in a small hissy fit cos Leeds sing a song we sing. That's not tribal, that's childish IMO.

And this thread does interest me. It interests me as to how petty football fans & grown men can me. Not just this club, across the country.

But fair enough. If Leeds singing 'we're all Leeds aren't we' bothers you then crack on.

You're missing the point of this forum entirely though if you've gotten your knickers in a twist over the fact I disagree with people...

WAWAW will always be unique to us anyway so I really don't get the problem.

And I think you're getting a bit obsessed.

Flyingowl in being a class one Belsen shocker!!

She* - but whatever.

And I genuinely don't understand why.

It's a forum full of opinions.

Threads are there to be posted in.

When you start a topic you should be prepared for people having the complete opposite viewpoint, and sharing that.

So many other posters on her do exactly the same, many take it too far on numerous occasions.

It's only recently that my opinions have become an issue.

I wonder why... :rolleyes:

She's Owlstalks most sensible poster by a mile.

Why because he'd rather we lost thousands of fans who have supported this club through all the bad times for a few extra quid?

Why because he'd rather we lost thousands of fans who have supported this club through all the bad times for a few extra quid?

Talk about completely twisting what I said.

I said if attendances go down this season, but we make more money from it & use that money productively...I'd take it.

I was asked that specific question about that specific scenario.

No ifs and buts as to whether we could even make money that way...or how our seasons gonna go so we may not even go down in attendences, or we go down so far in attendances that we make a loss in the end.

Specific scenario was 'would I take a drop in attendances this season if it meant more money coming into the club'

Of course the answer is yes. Atmosphere is poo poo anyway. 

Talk about completely twisting what I said.

I said if attendances go down this season, but we make more money from it & use that money productively...I'd take it.

I was asked that specific question about that specific scenario.

No ifs and buts as to whether we could even make money that way...or how our seasons gonna go so we may not even go down in attendences, or we go down so far in attendances that we make a loss in the end.

Specific scenario was 'would I take a drop in attendances this season if it meant more money coming into the club'

Of course the answer is yes. Atmosphere is poo poo anyway. 

Do you actually believe yourself?