Bristol City have been allocated 1,086 tickets

Guest mkowl

Shouldn't you be doing your homework? This is a serious debate.

Ha is it really. Frankly if the price is too much just vote with your feet and don't go. If enough of you do the club might do something about it in time. However as i have said throughout the debates the club is looking to increase average revenue per fan. The pricing model is not being set out to work for those that go once or twice a season.

Guest mkowl

Wonder how many people slagging off the Bristol City fans refused to go to Leeds away the last couple of seasons due to price?

£39 to watch Championship football is too much, regardless of whether it's us or somebody else who's charging it.

Write to your MP and demand price regulation. Join the FSF and lobby for change. Vote with your feet and don't turn up. All options available.

posted by Blagdon red on the Bristol city forum

On August 1st, I am going to the German 'Super Cup', their equivalent of the Charity Shield. Wolfsburg vs Bayern Munich, the two top teams in the Bundesliga last season. My ticket cost £10.50. I'll be able to stand, drink beer as I watch the game and if I was a smoker, I'd be allowed to smoke (as a non-smoker I also have the option of a non-smoking section of the terrace, if I wish). The youngsters who like to wave flags on big poles will be allowed to do that, too. And I mean gurt big poles!

And by comparison we're asked to pay £39 for second division football. We can't stand. We can't drink beer. Smokers aren't allowed to smoke. And anything but the tiniest of flag poles (if any at all) are not allowed either.

I'm afraid that as long as we meekly accept this, the clubs will go on denying us the value-for-money fun that our German counterparts enjoy.

Are you really going to say "Here you go, have my £39. And don't worry, however much you want to charge next time, I'll be back to pay that as well"?

Isn't enough, enough?

football has been sanitized for years in this country, you all have stood back and allowed them to get away with it, no standing, no drinking, no smoking, no swearing, no farting, now its middle class, and its your fault, not Chansiris

This

The pay up and shut up mentality now seems deeply embedded in British society, the Germans have it right.

Edited by meadowview owl

You know the mega rich guy that owns Forest and who bought that Asombalonga fella for 6m?

Well here is what he's charging his fans for league games.

9ad364bfbebb6191a24445dd62b6a01e.png

Your argument is weak when you say that we have to accept he is pumping in the money so we have to just sit back and take it on the chin without any issues.

The prices are a joke and need to be addressed or this will backfire in our faces.  

Charlton is one of least attractive games of season and its midweek so it would be better comparing this with one of our category F or G games or maybe our game against Reading in same week where we're charging all U17s £5.

I'm sure all fans will pay a bit more than this when we visit Forest.

Edit: didn't see post further up this page.  :rolleyes:

Edited by bradowl

Guest mkowl

This

The pay up and shut up mentality now seems deeply embedded in British society, the Germans have it right.

The Germans set it up right in the first place. Huge missed opportunity when the Premier League was formed

Wonder how many people slagging off the Bristol City fans refused to go to Leeds away the last couple of seasons due to price?

£39 to watch Championship football is too much, regardless of whether it's us or somebody else who's charging it.

I refused to go to Leeds purely because I didn't want my head caving in.

Guest mkowl

This

With football yes - because the one side who took the moral high ground would probably end up relegated

They're just caught in the unfortunate position of this being our first game opener.

If I were a BC fan I'd be pissed that Reading are getting it £6 cheaper a few days later, but that's how the system works now.