Bristol City have been allocated 1,086 tickets

Guest hammy1959

£39 is too much to watch a football match at any level IMO.

However it's not up to Sheffield Wednesday to be nice about it and let people in for sod all whilst falling well behind the rest of the 'big teams' in terms of income.

After the past 15 years we are now playing catch up, in all areas of this club. DC needs to change things from top to bottom and have made a cracking start in terms of the pitch and the types of players we are now attracting.

It is up to the football governing bodies to put a cap on ticket pricing, thus insuring that fans aren't taken advantage of....regardless of how 'good' the team gets. This means that chairmen like DC doesn't have to pump prices up to try to compete.

Until then I refuse to see this club fall further behind. We've got a chairman with a bit of bottle, willing to make the difficult decisions but he also has the money to back his decisions up. He's already said that he's going to do everything in his power to make football accessible to all. Let's just see what his plans are.

Going to football, at the end of the day, isn't a god given right. If you can't afford to spend £39 on the Bristol City match then you don't go. Just the same as if you can't afford to see your favourite band/eat at your favourite restaurant/go on that holiday you usually go on but companies have put their prices up.

There are plenty of other options though, Could have got a season ticket. If you're not planning on doing all matches than a membership is going to save you money, with the new family options in the membership as well. If you still can't afford it then, and it's not nice to say....but tough.

We are ALL Wednesday. But it's time to move with the times a bit. £39 is a ridiculous price....but DC has deemed it necessary for whatever reason and so far he's given me no reason not to trust him.

I'll also reiterate that a lot of those moaning won't be seen anywhere come the Mansfield game in the cup.

Guest hammy1959

However it's not up to Sheffield Wednesday to be nice about it and let people in for sod all whilst falling well behind the rest of the 'big teams' in terms of income.

After the past 15 years we are now playing catch up, in all areas of this club. DC needs to change things from top to bottom and have made a cracking start in terms of the pitch and the types of players we are now attracting.

It is up to the football governing bodies to put a cap on ticket pricing, thus insuring that fans aren't taken advantage of....regardless of how 'good' the team gets. This means that chairmen like DC doesn't have to pump prices up to try to compete.

Until then I refuse to see this club fall further behind. We've got a chairman with a bit of bottle, willing to make the difficult decisions but he also has the money to back his decisions up. He's already said that he's going to do everything in his power to make football accessible to all. Let's just see what his plans are.

Going to football, at the end of the day, isn't a god given right. If you can't afford to spend £39 on the Bristol City match then you don't go. Just the same as if you can't afford to see your favourite band/eat at your favourite restaurant/go on that holiday you usually go on but companies have put their prices up.

There are plenty of other options though, Could have got a season ticket. If you're not planning on doing all matches than a membership is going to save you money, with the new family options in the membership as well. If you still can't afford it then, and it's not nice to say....but tough.

We are ALL Wednesday. But it's time to move with the times a bit. £39 is a ridiculous price....but DC has deemed it necessary for whatever reason and so far he's given me no reason not to trust him.

I'll also reiterate that a lot of those moaning won't be seen anywhere come the Mansfield game in the cup.

hey i'm a liar then...

ooops! hold on let's read what they posted again...

IF this had been done at bellend road, or the sty we'd have been up in arms (as we rightfully we're at bellend road last term)...

when you're charging THE top dollar for the division, you're gonna attract flack...

we'd have given anyone else trying to pull this first game up after OUR promotion some right stick, and a huge % would have felt justified in doing so...

i can understand what he's doing, i just think it could have been done smarter by gettin' huge crowd in opening day for around £6/7 cheaper, and then (if our team proves successful on the field, then up the anti)...

bristol are the first to complain, wait and see if others congratulate us, or slag us off...

IF, and when just about everybody in the division calls you 'robbin ba$tards, there's a good reason for it...

Many clubs are moving to reducing away ticket numbers and charging top dollar, Derby and Forest to name just two

Seems we've woken up to maximising our home advantage potential

The key to getting away with it is the product on the pitch

Fingers crossed

That's the second time you've come out with that line, and about the fifth overall.

What my sex life has to do with my criticism of Sheffield Wednesday's opening day ticket prices, I'm not sure.

But if you're so obsessed, I did show your last comment to my girlfriend of 8 years - we had a giggle about that one.

SHOW THIS POST TO HER;

Why haven't you married her after 8 years?

Edited by Sam779

Not being funny but who actually cares how many Bristol bring to S6? I'm more bothered about the impact of the ticket prices in the home end

i don't either , but i want then to stay away 'cos they're getting a hiding on the field, not screwed in the stand...

we would have been (rightfully) up in arms about it, had it been done to us...

Guest hammy1959

Guest hammy1959

We will only know if 39.00 is to much when we see how the team do. So far i dont think dc has spent that much really.

If the football does the talking then i for one dont mind paying.But attendences can drop through the floor when a team is struggling....and thats even when the prices are low.

posted by Blagdon red on the Bristol city forum

On August 1st, I am going to the German 'Super Cup', their equivalent of the Charity Shield. Wolfsburg vs Bayern Munich, the two top teams in the Bundesliga last season. My ticket cost £10.50. I'll be able to stand, drink beer as I watch the game and if I was a smoker, I'd be allowed to smoke (as a non-smoker I also have the option of a non-smoking section of the terrace, if I wish). The youngsters who like to wave flags on big poles will be allowed to do that, too. And I mean gurt big poles!

And by comparison we're asked to pay £39 for second division football. We can't stand. We can't drink beer. Smokers aren't allowed to smoke. And anything but the tiniest of flag poles (if any at all) are not allowed either.

I'm afraid that as long as we meekly accept this, the clubs will go on denying us the value-for-money fun that our German counterparts enjoy.

Are you really going to say "Here you go, have my £39. And don't worry, however much you want to charge next time, I'll be back to pay that as well"?

Isn't enough, enough?

football has been sanitized for years in this country, you all have stood back and allowed them to get away with it, no standing, no drinking, no smoking, no swearing, no farting, now its middle class, and its your fault, not Chansiris

You know the mega rich guy that owns Forest and who bought that Asombalonga fella for 6m?

Well here is what he's charging his fans for league games.

9ad364bfbebb6191a24445dd62b6a01e.png

Your argument is weak when you say that we have to accept he is pumping in the money so we have to just sit back and take it on the chin without any issues.

The prices are a joke and need to be addressed or this will backfire in our faces.  

And the day after it's £25 v Reading for members on the KOp so almost identical. £5 ANYHWERE FOR KIDS. You could even argue Reading as a recent PL side are a slightly better opposition. And Forest didn't pay the instalments for Assombologa which is how they got into trouble. We HAVE to be solvent.  Bristol City is expensive but Reading is reasonable.

Guest gilly_2012

the thing is people who want to go will go regardless of the price and people who dont really want to go will use the prices as an excuse. if i was a bristol fan i would pay them prices because its a one off for them and i have some stupid love for football that has had me follow my team around whatever the cost

Bristol City just posted the details on their Twitter -

•Ryan ‏@19Ryan92 58m58 minutes ago

£39 a ticket? Good luck trying to sell at those prices!! :-)

James Ewing ‏@JamesEwing_ 58m58 minutes ago

presumably the same enticing prices will be offered to @swfc fans when they visit AG?

Louis Alexander ‏@Louis_A_Johnson 22m22 minutes ago

That's ridiculous price for a championship game!

Gary Pearce ‏@gazpearceGP 15m15 minutes ago

wow. @swfc are having a laugh.

JH ‏@BCFCJordan 24m24 minutes ago

No chance. @swfc should be ashamed.

Andrew Fisher ‏@andy94613276 16m16 minutes ago

scandalous, no way am I lining their greedy pockets! Hopefully everyone else will follow suit

NickWalker ‏@nickyyw92 26m26 minutes ago

£39 for an Adult ticket you're taking the wee wee!

Wayne Sargent ‏@sargentcidered 52m52 minutes ago

just think @swfc, this stand could have been almost full if it wasn't for those obscene prices #AMF

Paul Pritchard ‏@Palanhiuk 52m52 minutes ago

Was going to this one but at £39 a ticket you can forget it. @swfcsc must be fuming at those prices all year.

joe bcfc jones ‏@Jones_joe1983 55m55 minutes ago

sorry but at that price im not going having to pay £60 for me and my son is a joke

Don't blame them, £39 is obscene. SWFC dropped a major b@ll@ck here.

the thing is people who want to go will go regardless of the price and people who dont really want to go will use the prices as an excuse. if i was a bristol fan i would pay them prices because its a one off for them and i have some stupid love for football that has had me follow my team around whatever the cost

That's simply not true is it. Plenty of people will refuse to go based solely on the obscene ticket price. Just as many of our fans have done for Leeds away, which I believe was less than £39.

Wonder how many people slagging off the Bristol City fans refused to go to Leeds away the last couple of seasons due to price?

£39 to watch Championship football is too much, regardless of whether it's us or somebody else who's charging it.