Bristol City have been allocated 1,086 tickets

As things stand, the transfer window is still open... but by your logic, as things stand the weather might be bad...

You don't need to imagine anything. The maths is simple.

No it's not.   Membership doesn't entitle you to £5 off in the £20 category.

So he can't work out how much membership will save him on the 10 or 12 games he expects to attend

. If he goes to 10 games and 4 are the £20 bottom rate, he would only have saved £30 off his membership on the other 6 games.   ie No saving on a £30 initial outlay.

Guest shawie99

We will only know if 39.00 is to much when we see how the team do. So far i dont think dc has spent that much really.

If the football does the talking then i for one dont mind paying.But attendences can drop through the floor when a team is struggling....and thats even when the prices are low.

Which they ought to do, but if they think this is only game they'll have with tickets costing near on 40 quid they're in for a shock.

Few will be under £30 and Ipswich, Leeds, Hull and QPR will be close to our prices.

According to Bristol City official site they have been allocated just 1,086 tickets in the Leppings Lane end.

Bottom tier only?

Is DC really that confident that we will fill the rest of the stadium that he is saving upper tier for home fans?

Its just marketing really, Say there's a very limited number available, hope they sell out and then release more which people need to 'snap up quick'

Guest mkowl

So under mm we lost 5mil a year and id guess Mr C is trying to stop this. Or do people want the club to go financially backwards again all so they can get to a game a bit cheaper ? There is a bigger picture 90% of people seem to be missing.

The irony is that despite the price rises I suspect the loss DC will have to cover will be double the £5m.  

But apparently that's ok because if we get in the Prem he will trouser the entire £150m TV money

It's one thing moaning on OT about the ticket prices, but to join another clubs forum to bash the club is just wrong

If I'd had gone on their forum I'd just say "we're charging these prices for this game because clubs don't come much bigger than Bristol City, this is the game of the season that everyone will want to see. lol

Guest mkowl

Not quite, you've purchased all 23 games upfront, so your Bristol City ticket has cost 480 / 23 - just under £21.

So the price of the Bristol City game for a member is £34 + £30/x where x = number of games attended over the season

Or you could see the £30 as deriving benefits over the course of the season, including discounts on ticket prices and therefore amortise over 9 months

Not quite, you've purchased all 23 games upfront, so your Bristol City ticket has cost 480 / 23 - just under £21.

But its not. What your saying, or whoever said it, is that it cost £64 on the basis I dont attend again. 

What happens if a season ticket holder doesnt attend again. It is £400+ for that one match.

Again as I said it is stupid because no one will buy a membership OR season ticket on the belief they will only attend one game so WESTEND OWL is just trying to antagonise people by making a stupid comment.

No it's not.   Membership doesn't entitle you to £5 off in the £20 category.

So he can't work out how much membership will save him on the 10 or 12 games he expects to attend

. If he goes to 10 games and 4 are the £20 bottom rate, he would only have saved £30 off his membership on the other 6 games.   ie No saving on a £30 initial outlay.

Approx 40% of the games are not going to be in the bottom rate (based on your 4 in 10).

You've also ignored the £5 he gets to spend in the shop.

It's obvious if you go to 10 games a season, you will benefit from buying a membership (even if you do go to a few of the bottom rate games (which will probably be used for early cup round matches)).

But its not. What your saying, or whoever said it, is that it cost £64 on the basis I dont attend again.

What happens if a season ticket holder doesnt attend again. It is £400+ for that one match.

Again as I said it is stupid because no one will buy a membership OR season ticket on the belief they will only attend one game so WESTEND OWL is just trying to antagonise people by making a stupid comment.

A season ticket holder has purchased 23 matches.

Someone who has paid membership and Bristol City, has paid £30 membership plus the cost of the Bristol City game. To see the other 22 games, they'll have to pay another 22 times.

People don't necessarily buy a membership to get in home games, some will do it for away ticket priority. I suspect every season ticket holder buys their season ticket out of loyalty and getting the best possible price & seat for home games.

The two are nothing alike, really.

Guest WESTENDOWL

Floats been cocked a while