Great excuse for a "family day out" in Alfreton.

So I was a little worried about not making the game today. We have a leaving do for some of the ladies at work that is essentially a day session starting at 3 in Doncaster. Luckily everyone that is important will be staying in to the evening so I can just about squeeze in both if Mrs LLP comes with us and drops me straight off in Doncaster after the game.

The problem is, neither of us really wanted her to come to the game. Me because she only gives me about 5 games a season (in exchange for me taking her to the Theatre and Take That concerts) and her because we'd probably have to stand, which is no good for her endo.

So we were looking for something her to do whilst the girls and I were at the game, which isn't easy in such a small town. Then we discovered that there is a big outlet village 4 miles down the road called East Midlands Designer Outlet. Perfect. She's going to go shopping all afternoon and pick me up from the game to bomb me up the road to my do.

Now I realise that there are some on here who have to "make a choice" between football and family (as evidenced by a recent thread on the subject). Well now you don't need to for today. Get to the game and let her indoors go shopping for some discount fashion. Everyone's a winner, except maybe your bank account.

Unless you've actually been to that "designer" outlet and realise it's got about 5 shops.

this ^^^^^

Macather Glen is shocking.

lol

And they're ALL poo cheap nasty horrible little scummy ones

they aren't it's just small and not a great outlet tbf

Or you could get the kids outside in the sunshine and fresh air physically active?

So I am doing wrong in taking my kids to the football game that they have been looking forward to for weeks. I could understand if I was suggesting taking them to a film and chocolate marathon at the cinema but suggesting on a Wednesday forum that I take my kids to a Wednesday game?

So you only get 5 games a year and one of those is a pre season friendly? I sack her off if I was you

No that is the point. Of the 40 odd games a season I go to, she only agree to come to 5, so I DONT want to waste one on a pre season friendly.

As for sacking her off. I went to 66 games altogether last season between Wednesday, the Youth teams, Stocksbridge and random games I attend as a neutral. She's hardly stifling me is she.

Another "I only get to X amount of games because of my wife".

Majority of OT are under the thumb.

Man up

Again 66 games. I'm hardly under the thumb.

Just read the opening post again. I understand where the confusion is coming from. It isn't me that only goes to five games, it is her that is only willing to attend 5 games a season. I can attend as many games as I want, why wouldn't I in a free country? It is simply the case that my wife doesn't like football but I ilke her being there every now and then, as much to join in with what the kids are enjoying as anything else.

Are there really blokes on here whose wives don't let them go to games. If that is the case, they should seriously consider divorce. If it came out that a man was banning his wife from taking part in their hobbies there would be outrage. He would be seen as abusive.