Great excuse for a "family day out" in Alfreton.

It is when the dreaded question from wifey comes along that the real trouble starts

'Who do you love most, me or Sheffield Wednesday?'

Options

1 Tell the truth - unthinkable

2 Tell an outright lie 'You of course my sweetheart' - difficult to pull off unless one is an accomplished liar

3 'Do you really have to ask darling?' - no chance, she will instinctively smell a rat

4 Feign a heart attack - just delays the inevitable

5 'Not the one with the hairy legs who leaves me frustrated most weekends' - could be worth a try, however if she cottons on you are talking about her, you are dead meat

Other suggestions welcomed

Judging by you avatar, I'd suggest the best advice I can give you is: "Don't panic".

LLP I don't have that problem my wife is as crazy as I am. We used most of our holidays in the early 90's following owls home and away not missing a single match lol

I remember meeting LLP at dinnington town pre-season a few years ago. He's a great chap - kids love watching owls too - so I can understand why he wants his other half to go too.

However, with some games over last few seasons I would have probably preferred going shopping and I hate shopping. I only go to meadowhall once a year if I have too !!

WAWAW UTO FTB

Edited by S25OWL

LLP I don't have that problem my wife is as crazy as I am. We used most of our holidays in the early 90's following owls home and away not missing a single match lol

I remember meeting LLP at dinnington town pre-season a few years ago. He's a great chap - kids love watching owls too - so I can understand why he wants his other half to go too.

However, with some games over last few seasons I would have probably preferred going shopping and I hate shopping. I only go to meadowhall once a year if I have too !!

WAWAW UTO FTB

Yeah remember that. How's your young un doing. Must be a teenager by now. Lucky you!