Happy Sheffield Wednesday Day !

Guest minsk owl

so, basically , this means that we won the league as " The Wednesday "  in 28/29 ,  and won it again the following year, 29/30,  as                   

" Sheffield Wednesday "  ..........  would dearly love to see the inscriptions on the cup !!

so, basically , this means that we won the league as " The Wednesday " in 28/29 , and won it again the following year, 29/30, as

" Sheffield Wednesday " .......... would dearly love to see the inscriptions on the cup !!

When we won the FA Cup in 1896, the inscription on it was "Sheffield Wednesday".

v0_master.jpg

http://www.culture24.org.uk/places-to-go/west-midlands/birmingham/art25604

When we won the FA Cup in 1896, the inscription on it was "Sheffield Wednesday".

v0_master.jpg

http://www.culture24.org.uk/places-to-go/west-midlands/birmingham/art25604

or is this one of the newer FA cups? made and used after the original win? and when they re-did the inscriptions they wrote it like that?  

i seem to remember last year a brand new silver FA Cup was made wasnt it, and it was the 3rd or 4th ever? 

or is this one of the newer FA cups? made and used after the original win? and when they re-did the inscriptions they wrote it like that?

i seem to remember last year a brand new silver FA Cup was made wasnt it, and it was the 3rd or 4th ever?

IF ONLY I'D POSTED A LINK THAT EXPLAINED EVERYTHING...

lol

I'd like a return to The Wednesday for our anniversary. See how it goes and maybe keep the name. At the moment, I'm not sure the city of Sheffield gains much from our name. In the future, should we go on to worldwide notoriety the way Liverpool and Manchester United have, then it will be a big thing for the city. For now though, The Wednesday would be a nice touch.