Have we picked the wrong man from Swindon?

I've done a fair bit of reading about Cooper today, including the views of Swindon fans commenting on the various news reports.

He's certainly had to scrap his way into the position he is in today and I admire the guy for that, he's clearly a very ambitious and determined character.

There is a general theme amongst Swindon fans that Williams does the coaching and Lee Powers signs the players, thus making Cooper somewhat redundant. However, I get the impression that Cooper is something of a scape goat there for some fans as there are similar debates going on as you see on here. If things go badly it is Cooper's fault, but if they go well, Williams gets the credit for the success. Amongst the arguments, some fans do seem to be pointing out that Cooper has done a very good job there under very difficult circumstances (their highest position in 15 years) and that it is unfair to paint him as nothing more than a figurehead.

There is talk of a rift between the two, but also others fear that they may lose both Cooper and Williams to us. If we were able to get them both then we could have a pretty good coaching set up for the start of the season.

He probably wont come after all this lol

Edited by Bluesteel

Random comment on the star website...

mark Cooper has accepted head coach role at sheff wed,compensation has been agreed,he will be assisted by swindon youth coach scott lindsley,should be announced within 24 hours.

Perhaps Williams will be the Swindon boss then