Ah right I'm on holiday and got limited Internet so I have only just seen all the threads etc.....

Just hope we get someone proven and someone who can improve on what Gray has done.

Big Sam ticks the boxes for me or last seasons Watford manager

dont get your hopes up mate!

There are no guarantees in life but it is possible to increase/decrease the chance of a desired outcome by making logical decisions.

If as we are told the owner is prepared to invest in fees/wages for promotion and then to establish in the PL then then he tries to get Big Sam because the desired outcomes are what he does. He may not be the most attractive personality and his football is so so...but his record says he is the best bet to achieve the desired outcome. And if you cannot get Big Sam you look down the list to the next most likely to achieve the outcome...say Mick McCarthy and if that's a no you go to the next best and so on..

What you don't do is make one random appointment after another....

Edited by kobayashi

Whats he done to be rated so highly? Had bits of success at Pompy & Spurs thats about it.

Had a fortune to spend at QPR & failed to keep them up TWICE!

Give his book a read and that question you have just asked will be answered. It's a good read a real insight to highs and lows of football and the real facts about transfers/wages and who actually has control over them at a football club.

If he's that overrated why did 90% of top football pundits, journalist and most of the footballing nation want him to be the manager before Roy Hodgson?