great start

Without wanting to sound like I'm a negative Nancy:

A new pitch: Promised in February, so three months to prepare

A new scoreboard /screen: Promised in February, so three months to prepare

A new shirt: Just like the majority of other teams who also release their shirt around June time

A new sponsor: His name, IF I had the money to buy a football club I could request my name go on the shirts too

Not saying that it's all going to go t*ts up, or that we're going to do a Blackpool, or that we'll never sign decent players and that all his promises are going to fall through... BUT lets be realistic about what's going on and what may happen, and as always keep a healthy level of scepticism. It's all positive stuff and it's all looking like it's being done properly with infastructure and stability being built early on in his tenure with healthy long term investments, but lets keep our feet on the ground for the moment... perhaps even be a little critical of some aspects (not to the extent where we're having breakdowns about lack of transfer activity etc though!  :ph34r: ) and demanding too, and I'm sure things will come very good. 

To me you do sound like a negative Nancy.

New pitch - promise kept.

New Scoreboard/Screen - promise kept.

New shirt - available 1st June (this didn't happen last year)

A new Sponsor - Mr Chansiri has put more money into the club.

The things that are in Mr Chansiri's control have been delivered. Reasons to be optimistic/very optimistic in my view.

As for players, he has promised to do what is necessary in terms of funding to meet his target of Premiership football withing 2 years. Getting players in, however, is not in his direct control. Players must want to come to S6, deals must be done with agents/players/player's club. He didn't promise all the players would be signed by June 2nd. 

Everything about Mr Chansiri has been positive. 

From a supporter's point of view, what is there not to be positive about?

Folks want to be excited but after 15 years of crap daren't. People want the first signing so they can truly gauge where we will be at this season.

The first signing will be someone out of contract, same as every year, so probably someone for the squad, because we need a squad, since we let so many go, and there arent that many really good free agents about, not like we can sign Dani ALves coz his contracts up.  Its after that it matters

I really don't like how we measure positivity and success levels based on the shambolic last 15 years. It all looks positive regarding things off the pitch and the clubs infrastructure. However it's barely worth the jizz fest and countless threads criticising those who are being realistic and level headed.

A pitch that was necessary, a big screen which helps revenue and pays for itself, a shirt release which happens every season and a sponsor that is our owners name isn't really worth going crazy over. We are just finally catching everyone else up. Don't get me wrong it is positive and I'm definitely not criticising the club, but I'm also not at the point some are in wanting to dish out a bit of rimming to those in charge.

The key thing this summer is recruitment, so let's see how that goes. I pretty optimistic on this front.

Why, what are you expecting?

If we do commit to any marque signings it doesn't necessarily have to be the first one

depends doesnt it, if its someone released who is bang average at best then this will surely be a sign of things to come.

If its a decent Bosman of the standard of Ward (minimum) or better then happy days.

Everything about Mr Chansiri has been positive.

From a supporter's point of view, what is there not to be positive about?

I agree with this, I think for some it's just the level of positivity and not taking into account realism. Some posts and reactions I've read make me beleive we've already been promoted. It's great to dream but as I said in my other post the things that Wednesday have done, all be it positive, aren't jaw droppingly amazing as many posters make out. Steady progress off the pitch, but it's recruitment that will be the telltale sign as to how far we've progressed.

Guest Fedor

I agree with this, I think for some it's just the level of positivity and not taking into account realism. Some posts and reactions I've read make me beleive we've already been promoted. It's great to dream but as I said in my other post the things that Wednesday have done, all be it positive, aren't jaw droppingly amazing as many posters make out. Steady progress off the pitch, but it's recruitment that will be the telltale sign as to how far we've progressed.

I agree with you and Half Wit.

The previous era was all about false promises.

This guy is getting things done.

Actions speak louder than words.

This guy is not here to flip about.

As a business we have come on leaps and bounds, now we need to get the product right on the pitch to justify the increases in ticket prices etc.

Dont see why people have to be labeled as "happy-clappers" or "negatives", lets take each step at a time but things are certainly looking better though do agree with the above that we are more or less now just on an equal playing field with other teams, inc Sheff United who will also have a Desso, big screen and have their kits launched already.

Guest Fedor

As a business we have come on leaps and bounds, now we need to get the product right on the pitch to justify the increases in ticket prices etc.

Dont see why people have to be labeled as "happy-clappers" or "negatives", lets take each step at a time but things are certainly looking better though do agree with the above that we are more or less now just on an equal playing field with other teams, inc Sheff United who will also have a Desso, big screen and have their kits launched already.

And preparing for their league one campaign again.

Oh for god sake, stop bloody flouncing. Its the 2nd of June, not the 2nd of August. If people are bored, go outside! Seriously it's dead easy to go "well hes had months to prepare pitch/screen/kit so had Milan and we didnt even have a sodding kit last year till august. We are in the best position we have been in 15 years ffs. Some people need to go write in their diaries, while the rest of us who can see that things are being run better, and things that have been promised actually happening exactly when we are being told they will can enjoy a time of promise and encouragement. Anything that Chansiri has said he is going to do he has done, and exactly when he said he was going to do it, no bullsh*t, no excuses, no failed promises, so I;m looking forward to seeing who we recruit and am positive we will have a complete and good squad capable of having a decent crack at the playoffs at least

It is not about comparing ourselves with others but comparing to what we have been in the past

not at all, you should always compare yourself with the best.

This is the mistake say Nokia made, looked internally rather than at their more competitive peers

not at all, you should always compare yourself with the best.

This is the mistake say Nokia made, looked internally rather than at their more competitive peers

In part but this time last year "we're miles off being Chelsea" and now "we're miles off being Chelsea" isn't very helpful. Aiming to be better than Chelsea is an admirable but doesn't measure progress. Looking at where we are and what we are doing now compared to a year ago is encouraging and shows we are at least moving in the right direction even if we are still "miles off Chelsea"

In part but this time last year "we're miles off being Chelsea" and now "we're miles off being Chelsea" isn't very helpful. Aiming to be better than Chelsea is an admirable but doesn't measure progress. Looking at where we are and what we are doing now compared to a year ago is encouraging and shows we are at least moving in the right direction even if we are still "miles off Chelsea"

im not sure we will ever be Chelsea level but would like to think we could align ourselves with the Villas etc of this world.

Remember when we used to be Evertons equal... sign