Caolan Lavery called up to Northern Ireland squad

Shocking squad. Amazed he isn't starting already.

A shocking squad playing really well and set for qualification.

Not bad for a nation of 1.5 million who is at risk and has lost players to the Republic.

And Lafferty has been immense and Ward has done well this campaign.

But now is his time to fight for his place.

Why is it a surprise he isn't already in the squad? Still a young lad coming back from a serious injury. He's never held down a first team place on a regular basis until recently. Fully deserves his call up now he's in and around our first team and performing but to say he should have been in already because of a few goals at Plymouth and Chesterfield is a little bit ridiculous

A shocking squad playing really well and set for qualification.

Not bad for a nation of 1.5 million who is at risk and has lost players to the Republic.

And Lafferty has been immense and Ward has done well this campaign.

But now is his time to fight for his place.

Agreed. Think Michael O'Neill has done a great job. His team are playing some very good football, and fully deserve to qualify.

Every time I see Lafferty play I'm impressed. I understand he's a bit of a 'lad' so presumably that's why Norwich continue to loan him out, but if he could be managed properly, potentially he could be a great singing for some Championship club. 

And as for Jamie Ward, anyone who's seen his performances for his country, wouldn't be moaning about the prospect of us singing him on a free this summer. 

Guest trusty_left_peg

Well deserved. Hopefully he'll be a mainstay in the squad for years to come.

Canada can't seem to catch a break with getting home-born players to turn out for them. Hargreaves, Hoilett, Jonathan De Guzman...and now Lavery. I'm sure there's more, but they seem to get overlooked a lot.

Guest Ellis Rimmer

Watched this hoping for him to start, they're a bit cheeky you know not playing him, they aint got much up top

Watched this hoping for him to start, they're a bit cheeky you know not playing him, they aint got much up top

He might play v Republic of Ireland  next week.

There is a behind closed doors friendly in Dublin next week

Then he will score the winner v Romania