35 Years Ago today Big Jack Gave Us Our Wednesday Back.

Great Pictures.Shame that the Slope will soon become history.  :sad:

The slope will never be history whilst Eddie Gray's laughable complaint that that is what made Leeds lose to Man U in a semi final of the FA cup in nineteenhundredandsoakingwet (some time in the 70s) is still making some of us wee wee ourselves laughing! :laugh:

The slope will never be history whilst Eddie Gray's laughable complaint that that is what made Leeds lose to Man U in a semi final of the FA cup in nineteenhundredandsoakingwet (some time in the 70s) is still making some of us wee wee ourselves laughing! :laugh:

I said PIIISS!!! (what is this? The Soviet Union or the 1650s Commonwealth?) Soooo sorry for mentioning bodily functions. Do they know how babies are made? I'l tell you it's a process whereby sperm of a man is transmitted to the ovum of a woman. Thought I'd better clear that one up. At last!! :biggrin:

I was only 8 at the time but remember how amazing it was.

Looking at those pictures I am not convinced there were only 33k there when the ground held 54k at the time!

55,000   methinks. Ah, what's1000 between pals (said Mr Duckenfield) :biggrin:

Guest minsk owl

They claim 32,734 ! Ist and only time i went on the pitch !

must have been at least  32,735, ........ 'cos i was working until 2.30 that day, and got in for nowt just after half - time  !   :biggrin:

Was it this one ?

HillsMUvsLeedsjpg_large_zps638zzb7o.jpg

Guest mkowl

Me and my mates were all usual Kop residents but pitch invasions were common (i am sure the opening credits on Football Special showed previous club fans doing this) on such occurences so decided we should go in the seats. Got to remember the Kop had fences and presumed we wouldn't get on

In our naiveity we didn't realise there were separate turnstiles for the uncovered seats so we ended up in the old upper section. Now in them days there was a 10 foot plus drop between the top and bottom tiers which we discovered at the end of the match, when our group and several other fools who had made the same schoolboy error tried to get on the pitch

A mate took the plunge but nearly took all the TV cables out. Rest of us thought better of it and eventually got on the pitch by going out the ground and coming back in the exit gates. So about 5 minutes later than everyone else

I look back though i went to the game with my mates as an 11 year old, no parents or owt. A few lads were a bit older but years later it became clear i was allowed to go on that basis but my mates were only allowed to go because i was deemed the sensible one

But my first promotion and realisation that we were a big club getting back to what was written in the history books

Was it this one ?

HillsMUvsLeedsjpg_large_zps638zzb7o.jpg

No this is the 1970 0-0 draw,it was 1977 when they lost 2-1 and the kop was shared between both sets of fans,it was bedlum on the kop.The manure fans were on our large scoreboard and slashed on it,it never worked properly after that game!

was it the 77 or 79 FA Cup Semi ? :columbo:

Loving the first pic Dunsby. Pitch is totally full of people and so are the stands!! Probably something to do with quantum entanglement.

Same phenomena manifested itself at the Wycombe match didn't it? ;-)

No this is the 1970 0-0 draw,it was 1977 when they lost 2-1 and the kop was shared between both sets of fans,it was bedlum on the kop.The manure fans were on our large scoreboard and slashed on it,it never worked properly after that game!

was it the 77 or 79 FA Cup Semi ? :columbo:

to have best in the side from memory alone it would have to be very early 70's...

so the 1970 semi might well be the nail on the head...

again from memory the other semi was chelsea v. watford, and played in london???

as for manure by the time they reached the semi's again best would have gone, and gordon hill and would it be stevie coppell on the wings by then? 1976?

Great day,went in South front row near dug outs, had to move up the stand with about 10 mins to go because of people coming to the front to get on the pitch.

This was also the last game I went to with my dad who died 18 days later.

Funny thing (IIRC) about that pitch invasion is that it happened from the North Stand and the uncovered seating on the South. It was only after the pitch was mobbed that they opened the gates on the Kop (was fenced in by then) to let the rest of us on!

Great day,went in South front row near dug outs, had to move up the stand with about 10 mins to go because of people coming to the front to get on the pitch.

This was also the last game I went to with my dad who died 18 days later.

Means a awful lot then ! WaWaW