Stadium over Players?

Guest Parks96

Let's not repeat the mistakes of the past.

Yes the stadium needs attention but our priorities must rest with the first team.

This ^^^^^

Having the best stadium in England did not save us from the tragedy of the 1970's, the 1960's board were obsessed with the stadium. First and foremost we need to be in the premiership as one of the permanent members not yo yo between the divisions.Once that is achieved anything is possible.

we are doing the stadium, new pitch and big screen already goign in place. I suspect there will be other cosmetic improvements too.

Yes knocking down and rebuilding stands can wait but things like a lick of paint or fixing broken lights,etc are in the grand scheme of things pretty cheap (especially when your spending £37.5m on the property) theres no reason we cant improve the stadium along with everything else but just do it in moderation.

Does anyone else think that the club should invest time and interest more into Hillsborough, than the short term progress?

I'm not saying expand it, just TLC especially around Leppings Lane. Not a fantastic thing to stare at.

And no roof on the leppings lane corner either?

List of improvements could go on...feel free to share.

NO!

anyone wanting ground improvements should send their contributions to the club...

when the club receives sufficient monies, THEN ground improvements can commence...

premier league income for a full ground then having to reduce capacity by 8000+ to redevelop is criminal. Agreed the team needs money spending but the stadium needs to be ready for full capacities every week to charge the likes of arsenal £60 a ticket ;)

This ^^^^^

Having the best stadium in England did not save us from the tragedy of the 1970's, the 1960's board were obsessed with the stadium. First and foremost we need to be in the premiership as one of the permanent members not yo yo between the divisions.Once that is achieved anything is possible.

ALL who lived through it bear the scars...

and flinch at the tripe being posted on here over the subject...

then, the board was to blame, this time let's hope they have the sense to say b*ll*x...

100% want big money spent on the team, but sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture. The kop, north and south are fine to me. West stand needs replacing, a lot would be government cash with "community rooms ect".

To have to reduce the ground capacity for the only time we can fill it would be a big mistake. Sort that stand now and it will serve us for the top flight return and capacity gate money. That's the only improvements we need for a fair few years after

I'm no architect either, but as an engineer - it ain't so straightforward.

The span on the Kop is the same as it is on the south stand give or take a few feet so would it be possible but require a complete new roof?

Going back to the OP my view is team first but tart up the easy tartable bits of the ground as you go.

Are you high ?

Hillsborough is beautifull , historic and the birthing ground of our nicknames. Why waste £9000 million on summit poo poo and shiney

Are you higher?

The last thing Hillsborough could ever be accused of is being beautiful  :duntmatter:

why dnhc negging everyone of my comments?

Not really a negative is it pal

i've actually plused the one about plastic stadiums...

but you won't have had time to see that, as you've been spending your time plussing YOUR OWN POSTS...

like the one about arsenal tickets at £60 a time... :tango:  gary megson  WTF:

Didn't Chansiri say that he was going to B & Q after the leeds match and get the stuff to brighten the place up a lil bit? 

We need scatter cushions on the North again. Halcyon days them were :blush:

Didn't Chansiri say that he was going to B & Q after the leeds match and get the stuff to brighten the place up a lil bit? 

We need scatter cushions on the North again. Halcyon days them were :blush:

Are you high ?

Hillsborough is beautifull , historic and the birthing ground of our nicknames. Why waste £9000 million on summit poo poo and shiney

the owners won't...

or very highly unlikely to say the least...

the challenge is to build a side to get into the promotion mix...

then get promoted...

if, and when promoted, then to stay there...

and if we don't, then get back up again asap...

and establish, whilst looking to pick up a trophy...