Season Ticket next year ?

I have had a season ticket for the seat I sit in since 1971,. every season, no matter how crap we have been, even though I have worked shifts all my life, now 64, it never bothered me that I would miss some games.

I am not stating this to be Billy big ones, we are all different, but todays employers are not as enlightened as they were in my younger days, it  is all about the bottom line, and most 'Managers' today are convinced every employee is out to rob them.

44 not out! 

Has the takeover and announcement of new pitch, new scoreboard and new players in the summer convinced you to buy a season ticket next year ?

[

Why would the takeover, new pitch, new scoreboard or new players encourage any one to buy a season ticket.

I've had my season ticket since the late sixties. Seen some great players, seen some crap players but I buy

my season ticket regardless of players, performances, or results. I buy it because I am, always have been, and

always will be "Wednesday"

You don't buy a season ticket to look at a scoreboard (although a new one would be nice)

You don't buy a season ticket to watch the opposition.(although it would be nice to watch us beating prem. teams)

You buy a season ticket to watch THE WEDNESDAY. /quote]

Guest The Horse

I'm always pay on the gate despite the fact it will end up costing me more.
Just prefer the flexibility as sometimes I go with family, sometimes with friends or just myself.

Won't getting a season ticket mean that if someone joins me, we might not get sat together or will the ticket office allow a seat change if given enough notice?

If so, I'm in.

Of course I'll get one, I always do providing that circumstances allow, which again next season should do so.

Things like a new scoreboard don't really bother me but it's obviously a sign of the times with the commercial benefits that it brings.

It would be nice though to see some highlights of classic games before the games and perhaps during half time. I'm sure the kids will love it!

Of course I'll get one, I always do providing that circumstances allow, which again next season should do so.

Things like a new scoreboard don't really bother me but it's obviously a sign of the times with the commercial benefits that it brings.

It would be nice though to see some highlights of classic games before the games and perhaps during half time. I'm sure the kids will love it!

Do they still sell betamax tapes lol

i feel for people who cant get to games because of work..

im not built to be able to cope with that.... you give them 40/50 hours of your weekly life to earn them coin,

(and a little coin for yourself) yet their way of thanking you is to tell you that you cant go and have 2 hours worth

of enjoyment once a fortnight! 

who do these bosses think they are?!... seriously i couldnt do work for someone that sees my personal time as so worthless.

surely resentment builds up?

my thoughts are if you have a boss that doesnt let you go... tell him to fo0ok right off or knock him out, or nail his mrs, or spit in his tea, or kill him - owt that gets you to the games!  

seriously though, unless your on megabucks you have to be mad to put up wiv crap like that. 

Dont get me wrong, i understand the importance of providing for your family, paying bills etc etc. but i also understand the importance of working for someone who values your worth as a human being!

not as simple as that though citizen smith lol

I'll wait and see who the manager is,I can ill afford both time and money to watch the poo that has been served up the season.

Hope its still SG that will make your mind up ...keep your money in your pocket at least you will still be able to moan ..