OFFICIAL TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD- SPLASH THE CASH EDITION

I just had a spy at the 'Soccer' board on Reddit because it's usually got fans of loads of clubs.

The thread about Sergiu Bus has a CSKA Sofia fan saying he's "sure he'll do very well, he has great work ethic, and is quite talented." A Levski Sofia fan also notes that he's been "tearing the Bulgarian league apart this season."

The Vermijl thread has two NEC fans arguing about whether he was crap or good. One maintains he was "absolutely terrible at defending" but the other argues "he was at the wrong place at the wrong time [because he joined when they were struggling] and played better than the rest in my opinion."

The Melo thread contains someone from Portugal saying he's a "decent" player. Someone else points out that Melo "captained them [Moreirenses] to the Portuguese second division title last season, and he seems to have been starting in the Primeira Liga this season too and they're in 11th place."

I'm working til about 7:30pm but I'm well up for posing scandalous queries over there tomorrow...

Well, it's a date then. 

im loving this lads... owlstalk sends out the detectives, 

its the way it should be.... OPERATION ***

we expect all the documents and findings to be presented tomorrow night, in a new thread, titled in your own choice, 

but leaves us all in no doubt its the detectives report.....no later than 22oo hours.

over & out.

OH my word!

Some of the comments on there too :laugh:

Stoycho cook stable insemination for cattle

lol

Cattles, horses? 

European football is strange.. 

Players are exchanged for horses and cattle in some European Leagues or something? :ghoulguy:

Today's been surreal and hilarious. Comedy gold and a OT classic. And on top of that we've been active in the transfer window deadline day for once.  WTF:

Gray will have his reasons? I bet he'd never even heard of him, this could easily be an owner signing.

More likely that Gray has built up a decent network of European contacts and has picked up on a few players that have slipped under everyone else's radar. He has known about the takeover for some considerable time and would no doubt have had an extensive shopping list. Bet some of these have been on that list for weeks maybe even longer.

Anyway time will tell but I am optimistic.

Who knows, couple of decent wingers next week and all systems are go.

Edited by Utah Owl

6 great pieces of business today the four lads in plus the two I've been 5hitting myself over all day....Lees and Westwood (Scouting system officially broken).

As for Melo (Crazy Horse) we'll have to dig out a copy of the Osmonds best ever single lol night folks, not posted but enjoyed the banter and tension !

Written by Alan Osmond who I actually know quite well. Poor devil has MS quite badly these days. Decent guy though.

thanks for a very entertaining Transfer Deadline Day fellow Owlstalkers. Started slowly but built to a lovely crescendo. Hilarious day. So nice to be actually doing business in the transfer market.

Got to confess not at all sure what any of these guys are like (apart from McGugan) but happy to go with Stu if he wanted them.

Melo, looks like he could add some real bite in midfield. Cool. However, the video's can be deceptive so I'll guess we'll wait and see how he does at Hillsborough. 

Thanks everyone. Hope you're all sleeping well.

edit - Like hootie, I ran out of plusses. There were so many more deserving posts but, a limited supply of happiness. Hmmmm.

Edited by themaskedowl