ALF

Guest conisbrough

I think everyone who watches Wednesday would agree one of the key elements we are missing when going forward is pace.

With all due respect to McGugan, Le Fondre and Keane none of them offer this element.

I know we need a goal scorer and Alf would offer this and someone who can open up defences (McGugan) but to make them effective we need a player who forces teams to defend deeper.

As long as the bugger can play on the wing and send in a decent cross and free kick he gets a jersey. Last I heard of him he was very impressive. At least I think the commentator said he was "on fire".

Don't want him, he has a suspect temperament. We need player's who can keep their head.

Weird, maybe he wasn't beyond us and perhaps he wasn't one of our targets. After all, we supposedly outbid Bolton for Lewis Baker, so presumably, if we'd wanted ALF, we'd have got him

Doubt we will ever know if he was a target , could be any number of reasons why he's gone to bolton though really

Nobody ever really knows what goes on behind close doors with transfers... But for me personally I would be very surprised if ALF wasn't in our thoughts if we knew he was available

Overrated. Done nowt for a while now. 

could have checked his stats before posting ...

2010-2011: 23 goals in 45 games for Rotherham - League Two

2011-2012: 4 goals in 4 games for Rotherham - League Two

2011-2012: 12 goals in 32 games for Reading - Cheampionship

2012-2013: 12 goals in 34 games for Reading - Premiership

2013-2014: 15 goals in 38 games for Reading - Championship

2014-2015: 3 goals in 21 games for Cardiff - Championship

Ok this season he's been a bit poor with his recent goalscoring record but to call him overrated and that he's not done nowt for a while!!

Guest Amberketal

could have checked his stats before posting ...

2010-2011: 23 goals in 45 games for Rotherham - League Two

2011-2012: 4 goals in 4 games for Rotherham - League Two

2011-2012: 12 goals in 32 games for Reading - Cheampionship

2012-2013: 12 goals in 34 games for Reading - Premiership

2013-2014: 15 goals in 38 games for Reading - Championship

2014-2015: 3 goals in 21 games for Cardiff - Championship

Ok this season he's been a bit poor with his recent goalscoring record but to call him overrated and that he's not done nowt for a while!!

How many starts? Why are Cardiff letting him go? 

He likes his purple patches does ALF. Like i said I stand by him being very overrated. 

Might do well for Bolton, if so, great. Fact is though there are better options out there.

He wouldn't suit our team one jot in my opinion.

His best position is supersub Eventually he gets found out because he does little else but put the ball in the net. Right now, we'd take that, as putting the ball in the net isn't something we're particularly good at.

Edited by gurujuan

Maybe the fact that he does his work in the penalty area, a bit like a Billy Sharp, which isn't gonna sit well with Gray, who expects us to defend from the front

His best position is supersub Eventually he gets found out because he does little else but put the ball in the net. Right now, we'd take that, as putting the ball in the net isn't something we're particularly good at.

Both very good points

Edited by S6owl_1867