ALF

Cardiff did recall Joe mason yesterday aswell so I suppose it's 1 out 1 in

Mason is injured , good player when he's fit though but I get the impression slade is out of his depth in that cardiff job

ALF and Brayford are two very good players at this level and replacing them with alex Revell and that Peltier guy is it ? Who can't get a game at huddersfield !

Be interesting to watch what happens at cardiff

Mason is injured , good player when he's fit though but I get the impression slade is out of his depth in that cardiff job

ALF and Brayford are two very good players at this level and replacing them with alex Revell and that Peltier guy is it ? Who can't get a game at huddersfield !

Be interesting to watch what happens at cardiff

They sound like they're in a mess financially with that clown/pantomime villain Vincent Tan.

Like I said in the past on here they overspent to get promoted and spent big to try and stay up there.

From what I've heard from some of their fans Russell Slade was brought in by Tan to just get rid of players.

They are cost-cutting frantically because they're saddled with a lot of costly players on big wages and they need to cost-cut because they're well over the FFP debt limit plus they're hugely in debt to Vincent Tan and he won't replace the players who leave with equal quality, so they're having to replace them with cheaper alternatives that aren't Championship level quality, lower league players and recalling most of the players they loaned out to lower league teams.

It also sounds like a fair few of their players aren't happy, Tan is driving them out and telling Slade not to play them till they leave or the window shuts.

By the time we play them it could be a good time to play them even though our home form is terrible but not as bad as their away form which is atrocious.

Sounds like Kenwyne Jones could be following Maynard and ALF out, whilst Brayford is on his way to the Pigs by the sounds, they've also got rid of a few others

Kenwyne Jones is their top scorer despite not pulling up any trees, most of his goals have come from the bench consolation goals late on in games, he's still knows where the net is at this level.

I'd personally take any of Jones, Maynard or ALF, either one would improve our attacking options and add some experience and goals even though they've been misfiring at Cardiff but by the sounds of it it's mostly down to the squad disarray and not being happy there. Sounds though this morning like ALF is off to Bolton, Maynard is off to Huddersfield with Peltier going the other way, Brayford is off to the Pigs, and Jones, Marshall and a couple of others are going to be offloaded before the window shuts too. All that upheaval can't be good for morale and team spirit.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

What happened to our erstwhile Cardiff supporter? (Nugent???) Would like to hear from him what's going on there. Agree MMM that they look a bit of a joke at the moment.

He went quiet for a while like the Leeds and Barnsley supporters who used to post and brag about their players whilst saying how much better than ours they were.

But then he came out of hibernation when it was announced that they were returning to Blue. Praising Tan whilst ignoring the signs that their squad is in turmoil, Tan won't spend anything anymore and they've got to cost-cut or face a transfer embargo or worse. He quickly disappeared again after the return to blue day just turned out to be a momentarily relief by the looks of their results since that Fulham game and numerous players leaving since then and not being replaced with equal ability. We may not hear from that Nugent fella again if they go the way of Pompey and return to the lower League's.

He went quiet for a while like the Leeds and Barnsley supporters who used to post and brag about their players whilst saying how much better than ours they were.

But then he came out of hibernation when it was announced that they were returning to Blue. Praising Tan whilst ignoring the signs that their squad is in turmoil, Tan won't spend anything anymore and they've got to cost-cut or face a transfer embargo or worse. He quickly disappeared again after the return to blue day just turned out to be a momentarily relief by the looks of their results since that Fulham game and numerous players leaving since then and not being replaced with equal ability. We may not hear from that Nugent fella again if they go the way of Pompey and return to the lower League's.

jeeez, I didn't think it was quite as bad as Pompey just yet.

jeeez, I didn't think it was quite as bad as Pompey just yet.

It's not but the signs are that they're heavily in debt and cost-cutting in a similar way.

They're saddled with over a 100million in debt owed to Vincent Tan, who is cost-cutting and allowed them to have their return to blue but at a heavy price it seems.

Some of their fans could see it coming and from what I've heard from them and seen online from others they should be worried but not at a Pompey level yet but its possible they could slide down the League's if it's as bad a mess as some people fear.

It's not but the signs are that they're heavily in debt and cost-cutting in a similar way.

They're saddled with over a 100million in debt owed to Vincent Tan, who is cost-cutting and allowed them to have their return to blue but at a heavy price it seems.

Some of their fans could see it coming and from what I've heard from them and seen online from others they should be worried but not at a Pompey level yet but its possible they could slide down the League's if it's as bad a mess as some people fear.

Yikes. Takeover's aren't always all they're cracked up to be. Seems a little like Russian Roulette, and I thought Tan had deep pockets.

Yikes. Takeover's aren't always all they're cracked up to be. Seems a little like Russian Roulette, and I thought Tan had deep pockets.

Don't worry, Milan has said he will leave us in good hands He wouldn't just deal with anyone you know

That's true. Look at Mammadov and with the likes of Sammy Yu hanging about we have to be careful what we wish for even though its evident MM wants out and is looking for someone to take us on. I just hope someone decent with some sense and not just big pockets takes us over. Because although that Tan has got deep pockets he's got no sense or at least no football sense whatsover by the looks of it. The rebranding backfired, he doesn't like the way the media and some fans question his methods even though he seems to love being in the media. Deep pockets mean nothing nowadays if the owners are crackpots like Tan or the Venky's, etc over-spend unwisely and then have to cost-cut whilst saddled with debt. Cardiff's problem is that Tan could leave em which would then mean they would owe him possibly over a 100million if he were to leave, in the mean time they're having to cost-cut hugely.

Don't worry, Milan has said he will leave us in good hands He wouldn't just deal with anyone you know

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Although we're all hoping for someone in it for the right reasons with deep pockets and some football sense.

The likes of Mammadov and Sammy Yu, and various consortiums of people we don't know fill me with fear. MM left Leicester City in good hands but the same can't be said of who he left Pompey with and he wants out.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Although we're all hoping for someone in it for the right reasons with deep pockets and some football sense.

The likes of Mammadov and Sammy Yu, and various consortiums of people we don't know fill me with fear. MM left Leicester City in good hands but the same can't be said of who he left Pompey with and he wants out.

I think is comment was tongue in cheek.

They sound like they're in a mess financially with that clown/pantomime villain Vincent Tan.

Like I said in the past on here they overspent to get promoted and spent big to try and stay up there.

From what I've heard from some of their fans Russell Slade was brought in by Tan to just get rid of players.

They are cost-cutting frantically because they're saddled with a lot of costly players on big wages and they need to cost-cut because they're well over the FFP debt limit plus they're hugely in debt to Vincent Tan and he won't replace the players who leave with equal quality, so they're having to replace them with cheaper alternatives that aren't Championship level quality, lower league players and recalling most of the players they loaned out to lower league teams.

It also sounds like a fair few of their players aren't happy, Tan is driving them out and telling Slade not to play them till they leave or the window shuts.

By the time we play them it could be a good time to play them even though our home form is terrible but not as bad as their away form which is atrocious.

Sounds like Kenwyne Jones could be following Maynard and ALF out, whilst Brayford is on his way to the Pigs by the sounds, they've also got rid of a few others

Kenwyne Jones is their top scorer despite not pulling up any trees, most of his goals have come from the bench consolation goals late on in games, he's still knows where the net is at this level.

I'd personally take any of Jones, Maynard or ALF, either one would improve our attacking options and add some experience and goals even though they've been misfiring at Cardiff but by the sounds of it it's mostly down to the squad disarray and not being happy there. Sounds though this morning like ALF is off to Bolton, Maynard is off to Huddersfield with Peltier going the other way, Brayford is off to the Pigs, and Jones, Marshall and a couple of others are going to be offloaded before the window shuts too. All that upheaval can't be good for morale and team spirit.

Oh, imagine if we could bring back big Kenwyne...

...he'd sort it out up top.

Tan is a grade A muppet. The return to blue had nothing to do with appeasing their fAns. Simples - no bugger was buying club merchandise and I doubt that Cardiff have any significant overseas sales. He is now selling shirts again.

The daft sod.

Oh, imagine if we could bring back big Kenwyne...

...he'd sort it out up top.

Aye, I think he would if we could cross the ball onto him.

That said I wouldn't think we'd be able to afford his wages

and there'd probably be a few richer clubs at this level or lower Prem that might take him.

If it were possible to take him on loan or we got taken over and could afford his wages then he'd be someone worth taking as long as we bring in someone to supply him.

However if ALF or Maynard are still available then we should try and get one of those on loan to offer some experience alongside our inexperienced young strikers.

As we've got some young inexperienced strikers, who could do with some experience alongside them and we could do with someone who can put the ball into the box as well.

Despite having higher than average Championship attendances

Lower than average Championship wage bill

We've already shown that we can't compete, with Championship clubs, in the transfer market

My theory is, that MM has lost interest in SWFC ... Whereas Rob Staton seems to think, SWFC are the only club under FFP rules

Make your own mind up

Cheer up for christs sake

As long as the bugger can play on the wing and send in a decent cross and free kick he gets a jersey. Last I heard of him he was very impressive. At least I think the commentator said he was "on fire".

Oof!  Very good.

His failure to release early though is a cardinal sin.