PENALTY

I think what I've learned from this is that if a player is falling down he is fair game and thus we should start kicking the sh*t out of anyone lying on the floor as our contact on them wouldn't have been what brought them down and therefore it wouldn't be a foul.

Come to think of it I reckon Grant Holt has already worked that out and proved my theory right...

watch the reply.

if you think the same after watching it you need glasses.

he was going down before the player made any attempt to get the ball.

I can see he's looking for it and is going down already. It doesn't mean it isn't a penalty. It's a poor challenge worthy of a penalty kick and would be given the vast majority of the time. I guarantee penalties will be given this afternoon under similar circumstances.

I can see he's looking for it and is going down already. It doesn't mean it isn't a penalty. It's a poor challenge worthy of a penalty kick and would be given the vast majority of the time. I guarantee penalties will be given this afternoon under similar circumstances.

you answered your own question mate.

he was looking for it & was already going down.

that's why the ref blew up and booked him.

you answered your own question mate.

he was looking for it & was already going down.

that's why the ref blew up and booked him.

I understand that.

What frustrates me is that 95% of the time it would be a penalty. Even the Huddersfield manager admitted so. We are not getting the rub of the green in this part of the game and it's getting a bit stupid now.

Guest Sheff Owl

As mentioned in another thread..

Maguire is his own worst enemy.

He often throws himself in order to get decisions.

It was a pen BUT he also tried to be clever.

Guest Sheff Owl

Maguire has been booked for simulation before, Burnley for example in the cup and i'm sure there may have been another.

If a player has history of it the refs know about it, as i said Maguire doesn't help himself because he tries to force the issue.

Maguire is our version of Arjen Robben, both divers both ruining the game.

Are you for real? Robbed dives if someone breathes on him... maguire was tripped... full stop

Anyway, did you see Robben this week for the Netherlands? Never seen such a ruiner of the game. jeez!

Honestly have no idea what that means.

Of course you want us to win, but you have to find fault in everything. It was a penalty. You know full well that if the same incident had have happened at the other end, you'd ne saying it was a stonewaller.