Why do we have so few black and mixed race supporters?

you liked that wizard cardigan so you're opinion means nothing!

Yeah well I ordered one. What you gonna do about that? Nothing that's what.

I'll be in the top 3 sexy owlstalk wizards.

Edited by Cosmo

I think some within the thread demonstrate why attending Sheffield Wednesday matches for ethnic minorities might be offputting.

I don't genuinely believe the club has done enough over the years to encourage people from minority backgrounds to attend games/become fans even though Sheffield as a city has long established communities for ethnic groups.

The sad fact is that Sheffield as a city and the make up of the place does little to encourage cultural integration and the whole thing plays out in ever walk of life.

I could well imagine the uproar if we did increase our fanbase from the muslim community for instance, that there would be objections regarding the serving of halal products within the ground.

Football as a modern game and a 'product' has evolved - its about time some of the dimwits realise this and perhaps welcome the idea with open arms.

Always f***ing late as well, lazy broom jockeys! A wizard always arrives exacty when he means too! Boll*cks, you were smoking that sh*t again weren't you gandalf!!

:laugh:

You can't call them g*ndalfs anymore, it's the magically enhanced

Guest Big Guns

I think some within the thread demonstrate why attending Sheffield Wednesday matches for ethnic minorities might be offputting.

I don't genuinely believe the club has done enough over the years to encourage people from minority backgrounds to attend games/become fans even though Sheffield as a city has long established communities for ethnic groups.

The sad fact is that Sheffield as a city and the make up of the place does little to encourage cultural integration and the whole thing plays out in ever walk of life.

I could well imagine the uproar if we did increase our fanbase from the muslim community for instance, that there would be objections regarding the serving of halal products within the ground.

Football as a modern game and a 'product' has evolved - its about time some of the dimwits realise this and perhaps welcome the idea with open arms.

i think ethnic minorities sounds worser than sum of the other names

If there's one thing we can agree on, it's the following, surely:

1. Every single regular poster in Matchday is stupid and racist
  2. Every member of the DRG is intelligent and enlightened and not at all racist or horrible in any way
  3. Apart from Bez, the Spanish twat.

Haven't read all 18 pages but I'm the guy that started the huge 'Racism' thread after an ignorant fan said some ignorant things to me during the Cardiff game at the weekend.

Bit of background - I'm mixed race, born in Sheffield but brought up in London. The entire of my Dad's family are from Sheffield and are Owls. Therefore naturally I was one as well. Picture how difficult it is to grow up in North London in the 90s as a Wednesday fan - especially when they got relegated at the turn of the century...

It's difficult for me to get to matches as it's so expensive - but I try to go to all the away matches down South and you can find me every match day with my headphones on glued to Wednesday player.

That's the first time in my years of supporting Wednesday that I've ever had anything racist said to me at a match - and I'm hoping it was the last. Apologies for mocking him for being ginger but I found hard it not to when he seemed to take an aversion to my appearance!

Hopefully it'll be the last. I've always found Wednesday fans to be unbelievably friendly and welcoming and I hope that will never change.

1736727_1485542845006281_2004663071_n.jp

Great photo's

You're the double of your dad.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.