Official Loan Window Megathread 2014-2015

SkyBet

Millwall & Sheffield Wednesday are interested in signing Blackburn striker Luke Varney. #millwallfc #swfc #brfc

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11703163.Gary_Bowyer_backs_striker_Chris_Brown_as_Luke_Varney_linked_with_Blackburn_Rovers_exit/?ref=rss

Oh Lordy, I can feel one of my Dave Norris/Darren O'Dea style rants coming on

Guest wilyfox

I liked him - despite the fact he was part of our team that was relegated. His his work-rate and movement were good, decent turn of pace and good in the air for his size; but that was 5yrs ago in his mid-late 20s. Now he's early 30s and probably lost half a yard. I wouldn't cry if he returns, but I am reluctant to want him. I'm a believer that you shouldn't go back.

Edited by wilyfox

Guest wilyfox

Inevitable from the moment Bent signed for them. I'd rather Gray be back on the phone to Blackburn about Best than Varney.

Guest wilyfox

Wolves already linked with Best. With Derby and Wolves the other clubs interested in Chris Wood, does that leave us in pole position if he is made available for loan?

I hope so. I'd still want you to say we could do better even if we sign Wood though :duntmatter:

I hope so. I'd still want you to say we could do better even if we sign Wood though :duntmatter:

I think he would be the best we could do, if we were looking for a partner for May. If Madine leaves, I'd like to see us bring a quick young striker on loan, while sending our own Lavery out to get regular game time. A partner for May is a must though, in spite of the good link up with Nuhiu against City.

Wolves already linked with Best. With Derby and Wolves the other clubs interested in Chris Wood, does that leave us in pole position if he is made available for loan?

If Derby are in for Wood thats us out of the running then.