Official Loan Window Megathread 2014-2015

Watford are supposedly sniffing around Diego Poyet; may improve our chances of bringing McGugan back.

McGugan been told he has no future at watford hasn't he ? I would imagine there holding out for someone to

take him permanently which we should be looking to do really

Guest wilyfox

McGugan been told he has no future at watford hasn't he ? I would imagine there holding out for someone to

take him permanently which we should be looking to do really

I'm sure they would prefer to offload, but if no-one makes a cash offer they'll have a decision to make on the player with 18 months still left on his contract. If Watford extend Guedioura's stay or turn to Poyet, at least that may rule out the likelihood of using him themselves.

If the latest t/o saga is true and turns out to be genuine and not some tyre-kickers or someone dodgy, then is there any chance of rushing through some loanee deals, whilst the paperwork and deal is being done? If so, then I would hope we could bring in some Championship/Premier League level experience and quality in the same ilk as Westwood, Lee and McGugan. I'd like if possible for us to bring McGugan back or to get someone of similar quality and to go for someone like Ricardo Vaz Te or Chris Wood upfront if they're available for loan? But I've got a horrible feeling, that the latest takeover saga will drag on whether this one works out or not, and we'll miss out on any decent loanee targets and Gray will have to make do with last minute emergency loanees and the current squad until the end of the season, which will probably make this season fizzle out again like last season, just when things are looking promising. 

Given Milan's track record of not being able to spot a tyre kicker, I'd be happy to leave any possible investment until it actually happens. Let's get these loan deals that we've been working on, wrapped up, and ignore any other distractions

I'm sure they would prefer to offload, but if no-one makes a cash offer they'll have a decision to make on the player with 18 months still left on his contract. If Watford extend Guedioura's stay or turn to Poyet, at least that may rule out the likelihood of using him themselves.

Watford are apparently happy for him to come back until the end of the month - or until a better/permanent deal can be arranged

Unless Watford will take a lower percentage of his salary paid by us then theres no way i can see a deal til the end of the season - let alone a full transfer

The player himself may well be holding out for something permanent

A takeover with the right backing may see that change but right now it's not looking likely

Guest wilyfox

Watford are apparently happy for him to come back until the end of the month

And I suspect we'll take them up on that, to buy us time to strengthen if nothing else. We're short on bods at the moment.

Guest wilyfox

This frustrates me...

Former forest striker Ishmael Miller is set to leave Blackpool and Join Wigan Athletic on a free transfer #wafc #nffc

Why?

He's no better than Nuhiu. Bizarre obsession on here just because he scored a couple against us for Yeovil last season. There's a reason he's hopped around struggling clubs in recent years, simply because he is a panic solution upfront.

I'd cry even more if we signed Miller over Varney.