Official Loan Window Megathread 2014-2015

Young player of the year for Chelsea last season. Seems to have about 5 minutes senior football under his belt.

Mourinho expects big things from him though.

As said, we won't be having him and McGugan and at the money if have preferred McGugan back - proven in this league and in his time with us already.

I doubt that Gray would be reckless enough to try and replace McGugan with a youngster, I reckon if this kid comes in we will still be after McGugan as well...and rightly so

Hopefully. Hutch back from injury, McGugan back on loan, and Baker. Suddenly our midfield would look very strong.

Still need a couple more options up front though.

Could go one further and get Isaiah Brown on loan as well. Mates with Baker and a top striker!

I think I'd skip to Hillsborough if we did that.

It would mean that we're finally getting out of our rut of signing 40 year old has beens and can actually attract younger and fresher players.

Baker is going to be a big player for us this season.

Hutchinson may win my vote for POTY if he has had anything to do with getting him in lol

Guest conisbrough

In response to above questions on embargo in place on Forest, Leeds, and Blackburn.

They are allowed to sign players if they have less than 24 players on books over age 21. There is also a restriction on any deal they make for a player (loans included) not exceeding a sum of £600,000 in a year this figure includes wages, transfer fees, loan payments, and agents fees.

When I read this thought it would stop them signing decent permanent players but thought it was possible to get round by use of short term loans provided they did not have over bloated squad. Will impact them more in summer when preparing for new season. If sell someone can only replace using £600,000 limit.

By the way think Lewis Baker is exceptional player, another in of his quality and play off chances will improve.

In response to above questions on embargo in place on Forest, Leeds, and Blackburn.

They are allowed to sign players if they have less than 24 players on books over age 21. There is also a restriction on any deal they make for a player (loans included) not exceeding a sum of £600,000 in a year this figure includes wages, transfer fees, loan payments, and agents fees.

When I read this thought it would stop them signing decent permanent players but thought it was possible to get round by use of short term loans provided they did not have over bloated squad. Will impact them more in summer when preparing for new season. If sell someone can only replace using £600,000 limit.

By the way think Lewis Baker is exceptional player, another in of his quality and play off chances will improve.

What makes the Forest signing even more farcical is that they've funded it by one of their supporters winning the Sky Bet promotion - 250k I think it was?

Ironically, a week ago we shipped out  an attacking player - Mani Dieseruvwe to Chesterfield on a month long 'youth' loan. We obviously don't feel he is ready for first team football here just yet.

Will Baker get anywhere near the first 11? I know he is a good player with potential but would Gray put him into our midfield? Four tough matches in January coming up, all winnable IMO, so might need some old fashioned 'heavy horses' in midfield perhaps?

Aren't there clauses in 'youth' loans that impact on first team selection status?

Does anyone know the difference?

Ironically, a week ago we shipped out  an attacking player - Mani Dieseruvwe to Chesterfield on a month long 'youth' loan. We obviously don't feel he is ready for first team football here just yet.

Will Baker get anywhere near the first 11? I know he is a good player with potential but would Gray put him into our midfield? Four tough matches in January coming up, all winnable IMO, so might need some old fashioned 'heavy horses' in midfield perhaps?

Aren't there clauses in 'youth' loans that impact on first team selection status?

Does anyone know the difference?

Course he bloody will.

There's a massive difference between Mani, a striker who has scored a few for our development side, and Baker...captain of an England youth team, scored loads at the potential champions of England's youth side and is now going out to play first team games.

He might be on the bench for the first few matches, but he's going to be another Barkley. I'm sure of it

We've loaned Mani out because he's not ready for the championship. They've loaned Baker out because he's not ready for the premier league (can't get past Matic, Oscar, Hazard...you know...those world class midfielders they have)

Edited by FlyingOwl

Course he bloody will.

There's a massive difference between Mani, a striker who has scored a few for our development side, and Baker...captain of an England youth team, scored loads at the potential champions of England's youth side and is now going out to play first team games.

He might be on the bench for the first few matches, but he's going to be another Barkley. I'm sure of it

We've loaned Mani out because he's not ready for the championship. They've loaned Baker out because he's not ready for the premier league (can't get past Matic, Oscar, Hazard...you know...those world class midfielders they have)

Cheers! That makes sense ^^.

But, does the loan status - Youth - have any restrictions on his selection status?

Am I being naive here and nitpicking over wording?

Cheers! That makes sense ^^.

But, does the loan status - Youth - have any restrictions on his selection status?

Am I being naive here and nitpicking over wording?

No impact on his selection I don't think. Wickham was a youth loan the first time around, same with Barkley.

Just means that there's a review at the end of every month, Chelsea evaluate whether we're the best team for him to continue at...if so we renew it again...and again...and again. 

No impact on his selection I don't think. Wickham was a youth loan the first time around, same with Barkley.

Just means that there's a review at the end of every month, Chelsea evaluate whether we're the best team for him to continue at...if so we renew it again...and again...and again. 

Thanks.

Still in for McGugan according to SG , I'm looking forward to seeing young Baker play but i still think it's important we do what we can to get McGugan back ,he's a quality experienced midfielder at this level and we should be pulling out the stops to sign the lad permanently really

McGugan + Baker added to the midfield could bring goals and a massive difference to our chances of a top 10 finish if not cheeky push on the play offs