Maghoma

Guest Sheff Owl

Why does Maghoma get the ball hold it, hold it and then lose it? His decision making at times is awful.

Also he gets the ball from Mattock, he has a defender up his ass, he passes it back to Mattock and just stands there, why doesn't he run down the line for the ball over the top?

It is Owls Talk tradition to have a whipping boy after every defeat. Is it Maghoma turn this week?

I suggest Mattock for the next game. Not sure he's had a turn yet.

Not really, every week he has a poor game. Even when we have won he is the worst player in our side.

Give Helan a run of games until we get the inevitable 18yr old injury prone winger in from Hull or Burnley.

Why does Maghoma get the ball hold it, hold it and then lose it? His decision making at times is awful.

Also he gets the ball from Mattock, he has a defender up his ass, he passes it back to Mattock and just stands there, why doesn't he run down the line for the ball over the top?

Because he is lazy. Yet he will still get rated a 6 or 7 anyway.

Edited by royalowlisback

I think he'd a good player. He caused them a few problems, not his best performance, as he played better against Millwall, and Derby, but still nobody is making runs. They're all static, so even if if did put a ball in they'd be nobody there. 

We need some quality in the middle of the park.

It is Owls Talk tradition to have a whipping boy after every defeat. Is it Maghoma turn this week?

I suggest Mattock for the next game. Not sure he's had a turn yet.

Mattock and coke have massively improved this season and got deserved praise.

Maghoma was awful today and I've not seen him play longer than 65 Mins in any game. Deserves stick (or a rocket up his arse)

Guest tha_knows

Said last season he wasn't good enough, still of the same opinion now. He's a one trick pony who continually cuts inside, yet he cannot cross, even the most simple of passes. The amount of times he loses possession and then refuses to even attempt to win the ball back. Would certainly look to try and get someone like Jack Grealish from Villa on loan, or even Matt Etherington although I think his wages will kill any chance of that.

Guest Sheff Owl

The issue is Maghoma has to learn to pass and move, he passes and stands still.

I like him but it's too easy for full backs, he hardly goes past the defender, without the ball anyway.

Edited by Sheff Owl

Guest Denvirg

Always looks back first, and then forward. He is an attacker, and should look forward first instead. Also, and Maguire is at fault for this as well, takes too many touches when on the ball at times.

As soon as May went out to the left he beat the fullback, same when Hope went on the left. Something Maghoma failed to do all game, he's simply not good enough, said it last season and it's the same this season he's a fullbacks wet dream.

The way he hid today was embarrassing and he should have been taken off at half time for Helan or Hope.

Guest Sheff Owl

Yep Hope did something Maghoma didn't do all game.

Hope was on 5 minutes picked up the ball ran at the full back and got past him and got a free kick.

Maghoma needs to do this more instead of having 10 touches too much, slowing play down, cutting inside, passing backwards, getting it back and then losing it.

Could be a gem of a player. Just needs to realise when to release the ball. 

He has talent, but he's a tad greedy when he could lay the ball off. 

At least he attacks rather than passing it backwards. 

Yep Hope did something Maghoma didn't do all game.

Hope was on 5 minutes picked up the ball ran at the full back and got past him and got a free kick.

Maghoma needs to do this more instead of having 10 touches too much, slowing play down, cutting inside, passing backwards, getting it back and then losing it.

Agreed. He doesnt deserve a shirt, yet gets one each week.

We have Helan and Hope on the bench, time to make a statement and drop him SG.

shocking today and not a good player at this level said it all last season and hasn't been bad this year but today got found out and why grey took maguire off is beyond me clearly our most effective player on the park.

May was found out too,been saying it the lad lacks pace along with the rest of the team should start with helan and hope.